Chapter Thirty

I hear a gasp of someone reaching for air. I want to turn around, but I'm too scared to do it in case it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Nevertheless I turn around slowly to scared to be disappointed, but when I finally manage to turn all the way she is sitting up in the bed. She is here, she is breathing, and she is moving. I close my eyes hoping I'm not hallucinating the moment, I open them, and is thrilled to find out what I'm seeing is indeed real.

Her eyes search the room in confusion, but stops once her eyes land on me. "Harry?" I swear I can feel my whole body fly with happiness when my name falls from her mouth, something I believed I would never hear again. I don't answer her, instead I run to the bed, and take her face in my hands, bringing it close to my face. Just so I can feel her breath hit my skin, making my whole body relax.

"You're alive." Is all I manage to say, as I look into her eyes. They are warm, and kind, very different from earlier when they were lifeless.

"Did you really think I would leave you?" She says with a smile, and tears fall from my eyes not being able to stop them. I swear I have cried more during this one day then I have done in my life.

"Don't cry, my love. I'm here." She says making me open my eyes. She takes my hands away from her face, and moves hers up to mine, drying away my tears. "You saved me, Harry. You brought me back to you, and now I'm here." Her eyes holds tears as well, but she doesn't let them fall.

I move under the covers with her, careful not to rip out any wires, or hurt her wound. I wrap my arms around her bringing her body close to mine. She is cold, but the heath of my body helps her warm up. "This isn't a dream, right? You're really here?" I ask begging to god I'm not imagining her in my arms, with her head on my chest like always.

"Does this feel like a dream?" She asks lifting her head up from my chest to look at me. Her eyes shift from a dark brown to a golden color because of the light hitting them. Before I found it captivating, now I find it extraordinary.

"Honestly, yes."

"Does this?" She asks bringing her lips close to mine. She leans in, and capture my lips in a passionate kiss, and that's when I know all this is real, because I can feel her love in it. I deepen the kiss, memorizing the sensation of her lips on mine, and the taste of her mouth. I pull away, looking at the beautiful person in front of me in awe.

"Definitely." I tell her making a small giggle escape her lips, and I swear the sound of it could make me high.

"I love you." She says fixing my broken heart with three words.

"Say it again." I almost beg her, wanting to hear the words fall effortlessly from her lips as if she is meant to say them. The sound of her voice is one I thought would be lost forever, but now it's here filling my ears with a beautiful melody.

"I love you." She says pressing her lips on mine. "I love you." She says placing a kiss on my nose. "I love you." She says placing a kiss on my cheek. "I love you." She says letting her lips linger on the skin of my forehead, almost making me moan every time the words leave her mouth.

"I love you, my angel." I tell her, giving her my heart, and my soul all in one sentence.

We fall silent after she lays he head back on my chest. We both just keep each other close, never wanting to let go. We never thought we would see each other again, feel each others touch, hear each others words, but here we are. I find myself smelling her hair, something I have never done before. It smells like caramel, and from now on that is my favorite scent.

"We should tell the others that I'm awake." She mumbles tired.

"Can't we just lay here, and leave it up to them to find out?" I ask not wanting to let go of her. I feel like if I let her go she will disappear, and I never want that to happen. The thing I feared most happened today, and I will never let it happen again.