Chapter 22

Two-bit POV
Y/n asked Dally to walk to the DX with her which I thought was strange.
I brushed it off and watched some Mickey. Darry eventually left, leaving me, Soda, Pony and Johnny, but those two were going to school.
A little while later Dally came back while the rest of us were eating breakfast and he joined us.
Soda was asking him about what y/n said earlier and he said "you'll find out tonight".

Oh no, that doesn't sound promising.

Afterwards, Dally said "Hey Two can I talk to you outside?" I said "sure" and got up and walked out to the porch.
"What's up ol' Dally?" I said a laughed after, "Did y/n ever mention beating Marcia up at all?" he stated.
"Yeah, she did, why?" I asked cautiously, "well she kinda wants to do that tonight, but I need your help to make it all work" "ok, whatta ya need?" Then Pony and Johnny walked out to go to school.
We both said goodbyes to them and Dally was acting strange and waited until they were farther away to speak.
"I need you to tell Marcia you want to meet her in the back of the school for a special surprise you'll give her. I know man that you-" I cut him off "no way Dal".
I was absolutely not doing that, I wouldn't even do that to her if I was gettin paid!
"No Two! You don't understand! I'm doing this for y/n, you're not actually doing anything, just saying it to set her up. Please just do it, I know it's painful but you gotta do it" he told me.
I sighed, I really don't want to do it, she hurt me and y/n both, but he did say it was for her, to help y/n.
"Ok fine, when are we doing this?" I said frowning a bit.
"Well we gotta find her first so let's go!" he said.
What a dumbass.
"She'd be in school right now dumbo" I said. "So we wait until schools done, there" he said sounding like he made the whole plan and strutted back inside.
I shook my head and went to walk around town because I was bored.
I walked for an hour and I wasn't paying too much attention to where I was or going, because I found myself on the North side. "Shit" I mumbled, I need to get out of here.
I started walking fast to get out of their territory but some of them found me.
"Heya greaser!" They yelled and laughed "whatcha doin on our side of town huh?" Another said.
I ignored them and kept walking, which turned out to be a terrible idea, because they followed me.
I started running and they ran after me and tackled me down.
They cut me up and punched me but it wasn't too bad.
They left after a few minutes of beating on me. I couldn't fight back, they held me down, plus there were too many of them.

I got up and touched my face.
Blood.
Great.

I wiped it away and walked to the DX to pay
y/n that visit I promised.
I kept getting funny looks on the way but I shrugged it off.
I walked into the DX because I knew y/n would be working inside.
Her back was faced towards me but when she heard the bell she turned around.
At first she smiled, but then looked worried. "Two!? Oh my god are you ok!?"
"Yeah I'm fine baby what's up?" I asked.
She looked concerned "baby your whole face is bloody what happened?" "Oh I just got jumped" I shrugged and she nodded and went to get the med kit.
She started absorbing the blood from my face to a cotton swab and said quietly "I gonna kill those sons of bitchs" "baby it's fine don't do anything" I reassured her.
"It's just not fair the way we're treated ya know? We shouldn't have to be worried about getting jumped all the time!" "Baby" I said calmly, knowing that's the only way to calm her down when she's angry, "I know it's not, but we can't do anything about it right now, so let's not worry about that, ok?" She sighed deeply and looked into my eyes "ok".
I hung out at the DX for awhile and started to tell her about me and Dally's plan about Marcia.
"I'm gonna pretend flirt with her and tell me to meet me behind the school at 6 and then you'll show up instead and beat 'er up" I told her.
She smiled wickedly, which honestly scares me, "it's perfect" is all she said and she came over and kissed me.
That's so scary the way she can look so evil.

It's hot though.

Eventually it became 2:30 which meant school was over and I had to go flirt with Marcia now. I got to the school and got Pony and Johnny on the way.
Dally was waiting in front of the school.
"Go to Dally you guys I have business" I said once Marcia was in earshot.
They left and I turned to her "hey baby" I said "sorry about the other night, I was having a rough day" she giggled and I wanted to barf just hearing me say that.
"So I was thinking, you and me, back of school, six o'clock tonight, you in baby?" "Uh huh of course!" She said smiling and giggled as she walked off with her friends.
Once she was gone I frowned and walked to Dally.
"How'd it go? Did it work?" He asked as soon as he saw me.
"Yes it worked" I said annoyed and he sighed "yes!".
Pony and Johnny looked at us confused "we'll explain later" I said and we headed back to the Curtis's.