Karaoke (Asmo x insecure reader)

Start from the beginning

We got a room for just the three of us, which made me relieved and scared at the same time. I was glad that there wasn't a crowd, but I was scared since it was only the three of us.

"I'm goin' first." Mammon walked over to the karaoke machine to pick his song. Once he did that, he grabbed the mic, and the music started playing.

If I could describe Mammon's singing in one word, it would be "loud". It took most of my efforts not to cover my ears. I didn't want to be rude. Asmo was covering his ears the entire song.

"So, what did ya think?"

"Oh thank Devildom it's over." Asmo removed his hands from his ears, and sighed. I looked at Mammon and put on my best smile.

"It was....loud."

"I know, right? Loud music is always the best!" Mammon boasted. Asmo rolled his eyes as he stood up and took the mic from his brother.

"This is for you, Y/N~" Asmo blew me a kiss before he went to choose his song. It was called 'Sinful indulgence'. Which sounded...interesting to say the least.

When Asmo started singing, I was honestly amazed. He didn't seem like the type who would sing a song like this, but it works surprisingly well. When he finished, I started clapping for him.

"Wha-?" Mammon seemed awestruck by Asmo's singing as well. Asmo blushed a little as he walked over to me, and held out the mic.

"It's your turn, Y/N~" I stared at the mic, and slowly shook my head. The nerves were getting to me.

"I.....I'm not confident.....enough...t-to sing..." Asmo sat down next to me, and cupped my cheeks in his hands. His face was somehow calming to me.

"You can do this! I bet you're voice is absolutely beautiful, just like you." He whispered that last part. Mammon forced us apart.

"Okay okay we get it! Just get up there and sing! I promise not to laugh if yer voice is bad." Mammon gave me a thumbs up, and I nervously reached for the mic.

I walked in front of the two brothers, and my hands started shaking as I looked at the different songs from the human world.

I selected the song I wanted to sing, and took a deep breath as the song started.

(Play the song if you want. And yes, I like country.)

3rd POV

At first, Y/N's voice was a little shaky, but then she started tapping her feet along with the beat of the song. Soon, she had a small smile on her face.

Her voice became more confident, and Asmo pulled out his phone to record in secret. Mammon was surprised that such a shy girl like her had such a good voice.

The tempo picked up, and Y/N started swaying along with the music. It was like she was in her own world. The brothers heard the door click, and they glanced in the direction of the door.

"Hey, you're time is-" It was one of the staff members, but they were immediately mesmerized by the girl's voice. He looked down the hall, and waved down someone.

A couple more staff members quietly walked over to the door, and their eyes widened as they heard Y/N's voice. The music slowed down again, and the human took another deep breath, as if she was preparing for something.

Y/N started singing longer and higher notes, leaving everyone in the room shocked. Then she vocalized, and that left everyone slack-jawed in awe.

The song ended, and the girl looked around to see more people in the room than earlier.

Y/N's POV

"That's was amazing, Y/N!" Asmo stood up, and brought me into a tight hug. My cheeks were flaring. When had the staff members come in the room?

"That was wild!" Mammon hurried over to me and ruffled my hair. The staff members started clapping for me, making me blush even more.

"T-Thanks...." I stuttered. Asmo took out his phone, and texted something into the House of Lamentation group chat.

"What are you doing?" I asked as my phone buzzed. I took it out, and saw the text Asmo had just sent.

What I saw was a recording of me singing, and I quickly looked to Asmo, who just smirked at me.

"P-Please don't post that on Devigram..." I looked up at him with puppy eyes, hoping that would be enough to stop him.

"Aw~ you're no fun. I won't post it..." I sighed. However, my relief was short lived.

"If you kiss me." My eyes widened. Knowing that it was the only way, I got on my tiptoes, and kissed him on the cheek.

"T-There....." Asmo pouted.

"Hmph. I wish it were on the lips, but this is fine....for now~"