Chapter 10

"Well anyway - " Laurelyn cleared her throat. " - now that that is gone."

"Yes?" Aurelia prompted hesitantly, not missing the way Laurelyn called her brother a "that".

Laurelyn gave her a winning smile. "Let's train while we wait."

"What?!"

"What?"

"Now?!"

"Yes, when else?" Laurelyn said impatiently.

"Where?"

"Here."

"B-but the house...?"

"What about the house?"

"I have a feeling you're going to destroy it...?" Aurelia trailed off.

Laurelyn sighed. "Fine! Any ideas on where else then?"

"Well, no..."

Laurelyn rolled her eyes. "Come on! Think of something!"

"Laurelyn, I really don't know," Aurelia protested.

"The roof?" Nyx suggested.

"What if it collapses and we fall into the house? And what if we fall off it?" Aurelia pointed out.

Nyx sighed.

"Then where the heck can we train?!" Laurelyn burst out.

"Well we don't have to!" Aurelia cried.

"That's what you wanted to say from the start, isn't it?" Laurelyn accused.

Aurelia shrugged. "Maybe someone can actually tell me how to fight instead of just attacking me?" she said, referring to how Xander had forced her to fight wolf-shifters for so long.

"That is too hard," Nyx said.

"Why?"

"Because you've never been taught how to fight, or have you?"

"Well, no..." Aurelia admitted. "Who taught you?"

"Laura," Nyx replied.

"Then why don't you?" Aurelia asked Laurelyn.

"I never said I wouldn't," Laurelyn pointed out. "Just that I want to see your abilities first."

Aurelia sighed.

And just like that, they were back to thinking of where they could fight.

"Oh! Xander," Nyx called. Then she frowned as she saw the man behind her brother. "Who's that?"

"The glazer who is going to fix the window," Xander explained proudly, as if he had done something that deserved a medal.

Aurelia rolled her eyes.

"This way." Xander led the glazer to the broken window.

"What happened to the window?" the glazer asked.

Xander started to reply with lies.

Tuning out the rest of their conversation, the three females continued to debate on the best place for training.

"Definitely not the backyard!" Aurelia exclaimed.

"Why not?" Laurelyn asked.

"People will see us," Aurelia replied with an eye roll.

"Oh," Nyx muttered.

"There isn't a place near this house that works!" Laurelyn cried in frustration and agitation. "Not even one!"