Chapter 20

Today is the annual fall fair! It's the highlight of my entire year, mainly because I would spend it with my friends, but now, I don't really have any friends. Maybe Ryder will go with me, but if he doesn't, I will go anyway. It's completely safe, because I know pretty much every one their- even if they ignore me. Bri and Reeves are going, so I'll kinda be third wheeling, plus Bri is pregnant and can't ride any rides. Reeves won't ride any rides, because he won't want to leave Bri alone. The only person that would go with me would be Ryder.

"Ryder! Will you go to the fair with me?" I barged into his room, to find him pacing the floor.

"What?" He asks, shoving his hands into his jean pockets, a fearful look on his face.

"The fair is today. Are you going?" Wait, why is he dressed up? His outfit looks too formal for the fair. He has black skinny jeans on, a plaid flannel shirt, and converse shoes.

"No, I have to go to the doctor. Stupid yearly checkups. Mom is convinced that k have to go every year. I have to get a shot..." His eyes go wide at the thought. "And they have to do one of those finger prick things."

The fearful look makes since now-- it's the shots. I don't blame him. I'm the same way. "Ok, well... Good luck!" I giggle, leaving him to just about faint from the thought of shots.

After braiding my hair in pigtail braids, throwing in a pair of jeans, a sweater, and Keds, I ran outside to where Bri and Reeves were waiting for the car.

+++

The fair is one of my favorite places, the food is good, greasy, but good. Fried Oreos and funnel cakes... Yumm! They have rides, a Ferris wheel (my all time favorite) and newly growing bands, that mainly preform cover songs.

We purchase our tickets to get in, giving us free range in the park. Bri was craving a deep fried corn dog, and I wanted a fried Oreo, so we headed to one of the many concession stands.

Next, I just had to ride the Ferris wheel! Of course, I knew I would have to ride it by myself, but, I didn't mind. I love being up so high, and being able to see so far!

Bri and Reeves decided to walk around for a bit, leaving me to do as I please, which will probably be riding the Ferris wheel about five times and then doing some spinning rides.

Because the line was so long, I had to stand in line for about fifteen minutes, before I was put in a swing thing, with a really hot guy. I guess the workers though we were together or something.

"Hi, I'm Grayson." He holds out his hand for me to shake, which is kinda awkward because we are sitting next to each other.

"Brynlee," I smile, attempting to shake his hand.

"You here all alone, or is your boyfriend afraid of heights?" His hazel eyes twinkle, as does his smile.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend. I'm here with my sister. My sister and her husband are walking around right now. Are you here by yourself?"

"Yeah, none of my friends would come with me." The Ferris wheel slosh begin ascending. This is my favorite part, I feel as if sometimes life is a Ferris wheel. You spend time on the ground, waiting to get on the Ferris wheel, called Life. Once you finally get on and buckled in, the ascent begins. In life, you always start out on the ground, you aren't born into the top part of the Ferris wheel. It takes time to finally get to the top. It's at the top, where you can finally see all of your hard work, it took to get there. Overcome fear, spending hours working, screaming at the top of your longs in frustration, crying from happiness and sadness, it all adds up to get to the top. Then, the decent begins. That part of the Ferris wheel is momentarily over, but as soon as you get to the bottom, it begins once again, to take you one the same path you once were on. When the Ferris wheel comes to a complete stop, so does your life. Through the ride, you could take time to see what you have accomplished, or close your eyes out of fear. If you close your eyes out of fear, you are missing out to see the real ride of your life. When the Ferris wheel stops, you don't have another chance to re-see the things you did before. It's over, it is finished.

Sitting here thinking about this, really makes me wonder, what have I missed to see in life, because my eyes were closed?

I hear Grayson ask me a question. I have no idea what he just said, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I giggle.

He chuckles too, "I was just asking what you were thinking about, you looked deeply in thought."

"I was just thinking about how life is a Ferris wheel," I say simply, not caring to elaborate, because it would take too long.

"Ok, so where do you go to school?"

"I'm homeschooled. I just started actually. Before though, I went to Briarwood High. where do you go?"

"That's crazy that you went to Briarwood! I just started there this year, when our family moved."

"Wow! That's so cool. I know most of the people there, who all do you hang out with?"

"Most of my friends are all couples. Ana Claire and Bryan, Hudson and Maria-"

"Did you just say Hudson and Maria are a couple? Like, as in dating?" Are you seriously kidding me? We just broke up like a month ago, and he already had a girlfriend? Didn't he say he would fight for me?

"Umm, yeah... Are they not supposed to? They started dating about two months ago."

"Oh, everything is fine. Just fine and dandy," I mumble, except that he was cheating one me for the last month of our relationship!

"I can obviously tell something is wrong. I'm not exactly on the greatest terms with Hudson. I just hang out with that group, because Bryan is my best friend."

"Ok, well, Hudson and I dated for right at seven and a half months. He broke up with me a month ago."

"You mean... He was cheating on you, and Maria?"

"Obviously, for the last month of our relationship."

"I'm so sorry. He'll regret that." He said with a serious face.

"I sure hope he does."

.
.
.

Hey my favorite people!!! I am soooo sorry for not updating on Monday or Tuesday. I honestly had a small writers block, and just had that tug to bring in a new character. So, when I didn't update, I was spending time,meeting to know Grayson. No lie, in the time I was supposed to be writing, I would ask Grayson things, and write them down. Grayson is someone I cannot wait to get to know better honestly! (This is seriously pitiful. Gah)

That gorgeous stud up there... That's Grayson. Cole Pendery is my baby. (If you have never heard of him, go on YouTube and watch DisneyDudez. They have 3 videos up, and the guys act out disney princes and sing their love songs. Cole is Prince Eric in it. He is also in a boy band called IM5. They literally make a million feels erupt in my body when I listen to them. Seriously, check them out!!!)

OMG!!!!!! We hit 2K! I cannot believe it! We got one thousand reads in under a month!!! That is crazy for someone who's book is just getting noticed! I love every single one of you. You make this possible. You give me inspiration! I honestly couldn't write if it weren't for you!

Also, I'm wanting to write a short story about... My story. My "love" life... What do YA think?

Alright. I think that's it...

-Kloeeee