Chapter 9

Saw this cute picture of a couple in the rain. Thought it was appropriate. :)

"Ok. I'll be down in a minute." My teeth begin to chatter, and they won't stop. I have a tendency to do that when I get cold.

After clothing myself in my long sleeve Mockingjay tee shirt with leggings, I head downstairs ready to hear the news. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous at all.

"Alright Mom, what do you need to tell us?" I sit down on the couch next to Ryder, since it's the only seat left.

"Well, Charlene and I have very exciting news! Tomorrow, we are having some people over to pack your things, because at the end of this week, we are moving!"

"WHAT?! MOM WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!" She cannot be doing this to me!

"Don't use that tone of voice with me, young lady!"

"Don't throw crap at me and I won't!"

"Brynlee, why don't you hear her out?" Ryder attempts to calm me down.

"Why don't you stay out of this?!" I retort.

"Brynlee. It's only thirty minutes,"

"ITS A FREAKING THIRTY MINUTES AWAY?!"

"Yes. Hear me out, please."

"NO! All of my friends are here. My school, everything!" Hudson is here...

"Your school won't be here. Remember, we are going to homeschool you and Ryder."

My body completely deflates, "I'm what?" I ask in a small voice.

"You aren't going back to school."

"I am so done here." I stand up, and storm off. I'm as angry as Maleficent when she doesn't get invited to a party, and that's saying something.

School has been the thing that has kept me near Hudson. I knew that no matter what, I would see him daily. Now, I'm moving thirty minutes away from him, and all of my friends.

My life is crumbling before my eyes.

Tears cascading down my face, I enter my room smelling the comforting pineapple candle burning.

I hear someone knocking on the door, "Leave me alone!" I scream at the unknown person, crawling in my bed.

"Brynlee, it's me. Can I come in?" Yeah, it's Ryder. I dry my tears, realizing he probably won't go away.

"Yeah. Come in." I croak.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry about what? This isn't your fault."

"I know. I'm still sorry though," He comes and sits on the edge of my bed.

"I just... I just don't understand. First they throw us into an arranged marriage. Then they are making us move, and take away school. I'm just so done with all this crap." Hot tears begin rolling down my face once again.

"Er... Ah... Come here," He pulls me into his arms comfortingly."

I sniffle, "Thanks."

"No problem. We're in this together. Everything will be fine."

"Yeah. I guess we are. You think you will be ok?"

"I'll be fine. Are you okay?"

"I don't care if we move," he shrugs his shoulders, "I don't have any friends.., or anyone I care about, so it doesn't matter to me."

+++

Last night, you could say "Wow. That girl overreacted. She needs serious help." And... Whoever says that is probably right. Take into consideration that, my life is falling to shambles. Literally.

After they Hendersons left, I entered into my small closet sized, hidden room, that no one knows about. It's completely soundproof, and completely hidden. It looks like an air vent in the wall, but when you pull the handle, it opens up into a full sized room.

I have to call Hudson. Like, now. I wait while the phone is ringing, and he finally picks up. "Hudson?"

"Yeah? What's the matter? It's... 1:30 in the morning!" He asks in a groggy voice.

"I'm moving."

"What do you mean you're moving?"

"I don't even know everything. People are coming to pack all of my things tomorrow."

"Where are you moving to?"

"Somewhere thirty minutes away! A full thirty minutes!"

"Bryn, babe. You mean, you called me at 1:30 in the morning to sag you are moving thirty minutes away? I thought you were like moving to the other side of the world. Thirty minutes is not that far away. Everything will be fine." As he says "Everything will be fine," I hear Ryder's voice, a voice that comforted me not more than an hour ago.

"You sure we can make this work?"

"A short thirty minutes is nothing. We've got this babe."

"Okay. See you soon."

"See you soon. Goodnight."

Yay!!! 2 updates in three days!!!!

For you #TeamRyder people, you had a few moments in there...

If you are #TeamHudson speak up! I need to know if there are any out there!! Haha!

As Always, LOVE YALL!!!

-Olafffffff