Chapter 28

After leaving the cemetery yesterday, it all went by in a bit of a blur. Ryder seemed fine after it. Less tense, and more like himself.

I still have emotions though! I can be mad at him for not telling me now, right? There were just a few things he didn't tell me.

Sometimes when I get mad or just have a million feelings, I just a get a piece of paper out and rant.

Why does put he tell me these things? I've known him since May and we live together! My gosh we even sleep together half the time. Not in that way, but whatever.

I wish he would trust me and tell me these things.

I guess he does trust me be have he told me these things, but why didn't he tell me before?

And gosh darn it! Why am I acting different around him? What has changed? He is still the same person, yet he makes me have butterflies in my stomach. It's not the same feeling I felt with Hudson though, and so I know it's not a crush or anything.

Hudson, darn Hudson. He had to cheat on me and then Ryder had to beat him up. Gosh!

"Wanna go to the beach, babe?" Ryder asks behind me.

"Sure." I say, but can't shake the thought of him calling me babe.

"Watcha writin'?" He asks, plopping down beside me on the couch.

"Umm... Nothing." I stand up, taking the letter with me.

"What is it Bryn?"

"Nothing." I run into the bathroom and rip it to shreds so I can flush it down the toilet.

Knowing him, he would have snatched it from me and read it. That's why I flushed it down the toilet.

I come back out and he just rolls his eyes, "Do you want to go to the beach?"

"Sure!" I smile.

I grab a pair of shorts and a black tank top along with some cheap black flip flops from target and enter the bathroom to change. I throw my hair into a messy bun and put on just mascara.

"Are you not wearing a swimsuit?" Ryder's eyebrows scrunch together.

"Dude. It's 80° I'm not getting in the water.

"Well I am."

"I don't give into peer pressure. Sorry," I smirk.

"Well neither do I." He grins.

I roll my eyes and grab my sunglasses and phone.

Ryder changes into swim trunks and a muscle tank and we walk the short distance to the beach.

Miami is so wonderful, especially in the winter. It's December and 80°, back at home, it's freezing. Literally.

I inhale a deep breath of humid, salty air. After kicking off my flip flops at the board walk, I practically sprint to the sand.

I hear Ryder's footsteps behind me, so I pick up my speed to the water.

He beats me by like two seconds, but I have a good excuse. He has longer legs. Duh.

"Wanna walk down the beach?"

"Sure," I smile, sinking my toes in the cool mixture of sand and ocean water.

"You better get used to me winning everything."

"You have longer legs!" I argue.

"You got a head start and I still won." He smirks, and so like any person in their right mind, I pushed him... But he pushed me back. Playfully of course, but my foot got stuck in the sand. I should have thought about the fact that I would be going in the water, before I pushed him.