Chapter Six:Aleph And Tav

Playing the instrument also helped me to see my thoughts clearer.

Every time I saw that pale face I believed that I had to own it. I had to make that... my own symbol of seniority.

Toys did not deserve to be without an owner. Like rabid dogs to society that spread disease and disgrace to whoever they met.

Vlad leered at me with a pout mid fixing my tie.
"Don't be a smart ass. Come on. This is the first time we are presenting publically with Lily on the team. While this may be a Russworth event... doesn't mean we can't show off what a good candidate you'd make."

He bobbed off ahead of me while I stared down at my dark suit and groaned in displeasure. My fathers were stood on the side of the stage holding onto each other speaking to our head of preparations. Naiden had been friends with a variety of people these days.

A sudden reminder popped into my mind.

Turning about the room, I tried to find him. Small, White-haired and Frail.

Where was Michael tonight?

That's when I was met with a pale grey suit, snow-like skin and pale hair.

This person hung over the freshly brewed coffee wearing spectacles. While it wasn't obvious who they were... The fact his spectacles dimmed when he went near brighter light gave me a stronger hint.

I stormed toward him, hurrying to ask him who he was when all of a sudden I felt sharp nails bury into my shoulder.

"Hey! Russworth. You're zoning out!"

I finally breathed, grounded again in reality. I groaned recognising the voice. "Lily, you really ought to..."

I turned so fast I didn't give enough time to catch myself.
I gawped when I saw her... but tried to pick myself up "calm yourself..."

I couldn't help but look her over repeatedly. She was wearing a dark long dress, with a very low neckline.

"You look stunning." I finally managed.

She shrugged, giving me a one-sided smirk. " It's a formal occasion, I figured make use of my best dress. Besides... Gotta make you losers look suave. All you seem to do is look rich and spoiled."

Ugh. There it was. The reason I could not fall for this woman. She was... Chatty.
But... She was right though. She brought her own level of charisma and cool to our team.

Lily took hold of my arm gently, humming out to me.
" Vlad told me that I'm supposed to stand with you when you open up the event for your family. It'll help your image. You know. The whole well-rounded man thing."

I rolled my eyes and moved along over to the announcements stage.
Suits and other individuals filled the room, some from across the world.

I tried to find the pale ghost again in the crowd only to have Naiden jump up beside me with a smile. " Are you introducing us?"

I sucked up my annoyance silently before realising what he meant "Yeah. I'll be... Introducing you guys up and then you can... Well... Explain the cause."
Naiden clasped his hands together and blinked over at Lily.
His eyes widened at her "And who's this?"

I forced a smile looking back at Lily, eyes like a curious tiger's.
"Lily, my birth father. Dad, Lily, a new member of team Aldwyn."

She scoffed playfully nudging me "You can say the word 'friend' you know. It flows better off the tongue."

She gleamed up at my father and I recognised that expression as she reached out and shook hands with him.

Fake.