Chapter 32: Causing a Commotion

"Weiss, wait up!" Ruby exclaimed as all three of them ran across the courtyard and were finally nearing the docking bays.

But then Weiss stopped and looked happily at her sister who was walking out of her aircraft before she turns around to look at the multiple knights that followed behind her.

Then the young heiress cups her hands closed to her face and shouts, "Winter!"

Winter slightly perks up at her name being called and turns around as her sister along with Ruby and Damian began to run over to her.

And once they were close enough, they made a complete stop as Weiss vocally expresses how happy she is right now. "Winter! I'm so happy to see you!"

She then realized just how...unrefined she is acting like now and quickly changes her tune. "Oh, your presence honors us." she stated and curtseys.

But instead of saying anything to her sister, Winter instead takes the time to look around as she approaches them. "Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels...different." She muttered.

"I mean it is fall so it's probably colder." Ruby stated.

Both Damian and Weiss looked at the red hooded huntress with an unamused expression as Weiss raises her fist and punches Ruby in the shoulder, causing her to gasp in pain.

She then turns her attention back to Winter and smiles brightly as she asked. "So, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Classified." Winter proclaimed.

Hearing that Ruby rolled her eyes as she ignores the pain and looks at Winter. "You know you could have just lied." She stated.

And while Winter did look at her Weiss did not pay her partner's comment any mind as she continues to speak. "Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?" Weiss then asked.

"Classified." Winter repeated.

"Oh my god, I swear all of you Schnee's only know how to be cold to people. I mean would it kill you to just make your sister happy even if you have to lie!?" Ruby exclaimed.

"Ruby hush!" Weiss hissed. "Winter is a part of the military and she doesn't have to tell me anything that I'm not supposed to know."

"That doesn't mean she has to be cold about it." Damian stated.

Weiss rolled her eyes and looks at Winter and began to talk excitedly, "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it? I---"

But before she could finish her sentence Winter cuts her off by saying, "I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its bureaucracy. That is not why I came."

"Right, I'm sorry." Weiss replied.

"Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But I appear I have no choice in the matter." Winter added.

"Fail?!" Damian said feeling both perplexed and angry at the same time.

"But we won!" Weiss stated puzzled on how she failed.

"Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed." Winter stated making Weiss look down in shame.

"Watch it Schnee, just because you're Weiss's sister and Ironwood's lieutenant doesn't mean I'm above kicking your ass for being a coldhearted bitch." Damian growled angrily.

Weiss gasped and turned her head to look at him so fast and hard that it's surprising that the young heiress didn't get whiplash. "Damian!!" she exclaimed horrified.