Chapter 13: The Stray

Damian sighed as he walked through the halls of Beacon as he made his way to the courtyard.

And the reason for this is because him and Weiss wants to see the competition for the upcoming Vytal Festival.

But as he was nearing the doors to the courtyard his scroll beeps and when he checked to see who was calling him, he saw the Titans symbol on the screen.

Groaning Damian sighed as he quickly walks out the door and answers the call as he walks.

"Hey Damian!" Garfield greeted.

"What do you want? I'm kind of in hurry."

Starfire chuckled at how he was acting. "We just wanted to see how you were doing. It has been while since we talked to each other. How is Signal?" she asked.

"I'm at Beacon actually. Me and Ruby got bumped up a few grades by the headmaster after we saw her exceptional skill." Damian answered.

The Titans looked at the boy wonder in shock, "Say what? how did you do that?!" Garfield asked.

"Stopped a robbery that was organized by an infamous criminal. And our fight was caught on security camera and after looking it over Ozpin decided that staying at Signal wouldn't do that much for us."

"You know I do not find it surprising that you found a way to get yourself bumped up a few grades." Raven stated.

Damian smirks proudly at that, "I thank you for your acknowledgement."

Garfield and Jaime rolled their eyes at their teammate stroking the boy wonder's oversize ego.

"So, how's Ruby? Have you made any friends?" Garfield asked.

"Ruby is fine. In fact, she was actually made leader of our team." Damian answered.

Which of course shocked and excited the Titans at this news. "That's wonderful news. I'm so proud." Starfire said happily.

"I agree. Ruby deserves it." Raven stated.

"So, got a team name?" Jaime asked.

"Yes. Team RWBY, and before you say anything it's an anagram made up of the first letter in a team members name. But since I am considered an extra teammate my initials weren't put on the team." She answered.

"Why are you considered an extra?" Raven asked.

"Because of Ozpin bumping the both of us into Beacon, there was an uneven number of students and as a result, I was the only one left without a partner and so I was given the choice to join a team. But If the team's name was not compatible with my name then the team name wouldn't change." He explained.

"Damian?" the boy wonder stopped and looked up to see his team.

"Who are you talking to?" Ruby questioned.

"Kori and the others." Damian answered.

Ruby and Yang gasped happily and quickly go over to the others side and look at the screen. "Hey, guys!" they greeted.

And the Titans greeted back.

"Ruby, Damian has just told us about your appointment as team leader, congrats." Kori said congratulating her.

Ruby blushes bashfully at the praise, "Thanks."

But their happy was stopped by Weiss who had cleared her throat and was tapping her foot.

Which made the girls and Damian rolled their eyes at her impatience, "Listen guys we gotta go. We'll talk to you later." Yang promised.

"Ok. Hope to hear from you soon."