☆ five ; kamomedai ☆

katsuki seiren's point of view

it was finally lunch time, and both tobio and i were on our way to the gym to meet up with his teammates. no, i'm not a manager nor am i a player. let's just say that i like tagging along with him and supporting him with his club activities.

tobio and i go way back. we've always been beside each other since middle school. at first it was just me following him around like a lost puppy wanting affection, because i actually didn't have friends back then before he came into my life.

his teammates back then weren't really friendly to him, too, probably because of how he voiced out his emotions and such. he can be such a meanie, too, so i couldn't really blame them. but after finding out how he truly felt, i guess i just stuck with him and decided that we'll be best friends until the end of time. or something like that.

back then, despite all the rumours going around him, i kept hanging out with him because i was interested in him. if no one wanted to stay by his side and be his friend, i will. not that it matters much now, since he already found a team where he actually fits in.

"oi, why are you staring at me with that creepy smile?" tobio said, which made me snap out of my thoughts immediately.

nothing, i'm just proud of you and happy we became best friends!

"nani? i wasn't staring!" i reasoned out, and then he rolled his eyes before walking straight ahead.

"liar," he muttered, so i chuckled and started skipping in front of him. "slow down, baka. you'll trip."

grinning, i decided to stop and face him. he raised a brow at me, while i tilted my head to the side with a smile.

"ne, tobio-kun, when you go to nationals, make sure you kick some ass, okay?" i said, grinning widely at him.

i know you will.

"we're gonna win, of course," tobio replied, then he turned me around and pushed me ahead towards the gym. "i still don't get why you didn't wanna be a manager when all you do is watch us during your free time."

it was already late, yet the guys are still practicing. so, me not wanting to intrude with their team meeting, i just decided to take a walk around the school grounds. i was sure the sports clubs were the only ones left in here anyway.

i was walking around while quietly humming a tune when i felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. shocked, i widened my eyes and then turned around immediately only to find a quite good looking guy with a shy smile on his lips. if i knew him, i would have sighed in relief, but i didn't. who was he, anyway?!

"uhm, hi?" i nervously greeted, not because he was good looking, but because he was creepy as hell following me like that.

"ah, sorry for scaring you. you're katsuki seiren, right?" the guy said, giving me a tender smile.

"yes, and...?" i hesitated upon answering him, but i did so anyway.

"i'm matsui daisuke, class 2-5. from the basketball team. i've seen you around the volleyball guys and thought you were really pretty. would you want to go on a date with me?" matsui-san said, making me blink at him.

seriously?!

i sighed in relief, realizing it was just another confession. but why at a time like this, though?!

don't scare me then, if you're asking me out on a date.

i mean, he's pretty cute and he's in the college preparatory class, too. but something inside me made me think that i shouldn't.

"ano, gomenasai, senpai. but i can't," i tried to answer as politely as possible, seeing a sad expression across his face.

"um, can i ask why? are you interested in someone already? perhaps kageyama tobio?" he questioned, making me widen my eyes.

wtf? kageyama? he's basically my best friend!

"yes! but not tobio!" i said, which made me internally facepalm.

dear god, seiren. what the hell are you saying? you would have gotten off the hook if you just said you had a crush on tobio, but you go and admit that it wasn't him! which reminds me...

I JUST SAID I LIKED SOMEONE, BUT I SAID IT WASN'T TOBIO WHO IS THE CLOSEST ONE TO ACTUALLY BEING SOMEONE I'D LIKE.

stupid, seiren, stupid!

"may i ask who, katsuki-chan?" matsui-san asked, giving me a smile. "is he from-"

i cursed myself, spitting out a lie that probably will bite me back if he happens to know who he is.

"hoshiumi kourai from kamomedai high!"

silence enveloped us both, making me curse myself again and again. what the heck was that?!

I DON'T EVEN LIKE HOSHIUMI IN THAT WAY! heck, we basically met just a few days ago. we're strangers, damn it.

"e-eh? hoshiumi-san? we were classmates during my first year! i'm actually a transfer student from kamomedai,"

SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.

"a-ah? hehe, i guess i gotta go, tobio might be looking for me!"

I'M IN DEEP TROUBLE.