Chapter 16

He notices me coming in the room, he also seems to be shocked.

"Eh, hehe, I think I'm in the wrong room." I said awkwardly, checking my card, then checking the door number, they both were the same numbers.

I'm not in the wrong room, maybe he is.

"Are you sure your room number is 456?" I asked.

He comes over and hands me his key card, it was right, it was room 456.

"I guess we're in the right room, where am I sleeping at?" I asked.

Then I realized that there's only one bed.

"Left or right?" He asks.

There was window with a bench, which also be called window bay, so basically it's a window with seats built in.

"Eh, I'll choose the window bay." I pointed at the seat with cushions.

"Just choose the bed, it's not like I'm going to eat you."

Right. Why should I worry?

"Then if my sleeping habits bothers you, I apologize." I said.

"What type of habits do you have?"

"I don't know." I said truthfully.

He just laughs.

I set my pillow on the window side of the bed, placed my suitcase next to the chair, and left my bag on my side of the bed.

"I have to-" before I finished my sentence, my phone rang, the ID reads Riley Kennedy.

He's probably going to be ranting about his roommate, especially if it's one of Zack's friends, if it is, he'd ask for help.

I answered, "Hello?"

"Payton! It's about my roommate! You have to help me." Yup.

"Why? Who is it?"

"My room number is 449, just come."

"Fine." I hung up and turned back to Zack to continue my sentence, "Uh, I'm going to meet Riley. See ya."

I took my wallet out of my Nike bag and left.

Of course I didn't forget the key card.

I found room 449, and knocked on the door, Riley almost immediately opens the door.

"Great! You're here, let's go check out the whole hotel." Riley said as he shuts the door behind him.

"Oh Riley, what am I going to do with you?"

"What?"

"If you keep up that attitude with everyone, you may as well be single forever in this lifetime." I joked.

"Don't jinx me, with this cute face, there's no way I'll end up single." He points at his face.

"You sure about that?" I teased.

He lightly bumps my shoulder with his, we headed to the elevator, "So, who's your roommate?" Riley asks.

"Oh, uh, Zack. Yours?"

"Guess."

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"It's Miles," he whines, "why don't we secretly switch, Zack may be the worst out of all of them, since you seem pretty close to him, maybe he's gotten better."

"Hah, there's no way coach would allow that." I scoffed.

"Not unless he finds out."

"Aren't you forgetting something? No way Miles or Zack would keep their mouths shut, trust me, coach will find out eventually. And uh-uh, no way I'm missing that haunted house tour because of a punishment." I reasoned.

He sighs, "Fine then, anyways, you seem to be getting along with Zack lately."

"What about it? It's not like he's doing any harm or anything."

"Nothing, it's probably just me. Where's Casey and Brandon at?"

"I don't know."

"They're probably resting, it was a long ride."

"Yeah, I don't blame them."

We walked around and made our way to see the pool, we were just standing in front of the empty pool.

"Hey, should we go for night swim tonight?" Riley asks, looking at the pool.

"We'll see, come on, let's-" I turned and bumped into a person, I almost fell in the pool until he grabbed me around the wrist on time before I got the chance to fall in.

"Sorry, didn't mean to sneak up in front of you," the guy said, he looked young, like he's in my age, handsome but not as handsome as Zack, it I'm honest.

"Er, it's fine, can you let go of me now?" I replied awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." He lets go of my waist.

There's two more people behind him.

"Come on, Payton, let's walk around the town for a while." Riley said

"So your name is Payton?" The stranger asks.

I looked up, down, back to his face, "Why? Do I know you?"

"No, but maybe we'll see each other often."

Why do I have a hard time understanding what he meant? Well yeah, we're in the same hotel.

Riley and I left the pool area, "What's that about?" Riley asks.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Man, you're really really lost today." He shook his head.

"Huh? What's that's supposed to mean?"

He didn't answer, we just headed to town finding some shops that have cool T-shirts, we bought some, I got one for myself and for Casey, Brandon, and Zack, but not Riley since he insisted on buying his own, and went heading out of the store.

Our phones chimes, it was a message from the coach to the whole group, he told us to meet him at 8:00 PM in the dining hall.

Riley said he was going to change and wants all of us to meet, so then we headed back to our rooms.

A/N: Ooooh~ I wonder how that happened *whistles*😙

Question of the day: Any favorite sport?

I don't know what mine is but I do like swimming 🏊‍♀️ freestyle where there's no competition, and I like bowling 🎳 and soccer ⚽️ 🙃