Edmund sat down next to her and placed his arm around her, stroking her arm to calm her down. "Ellie, you aren't the Protector without a reason! You could just threaten your family, or should I just call them trash bags, to give you your money. And if they refuse, well, you have the power to take it away from them," he winked, swindling a faint smile out of her. His facial expression turned serious as he looked deeply into her eyes. "Whatever happens, I know for a fact that Peter won't rest until you're with us," he spoke with determination and gently squeezed her shoulder. "And neither will I."

Someone knocked on the door, and a smiling face looked inside. "Sorry for interrupting. Ed, your sister is looking for you," Lorna told Edmund.

"Susan?" he asked, and when the girl nodded, he groaned. "I barely escaped from her. She wants me to get ready, I'm sure you'll be next," he turned to the redhead next to her. "Prepare to die," he dramatically spoke, leaving the room with a floppy wave.

"Come on, she just looks after us," Ellie called out to him and shook her head with a chuckle.

Lorna was still standing in the doorstep, playing with her hair. Ellie was sure the girl wanted to talk to her about something, so she patted the chair next to her and smiled at her when she sat down.

"Will you leave?" the brunette asked, looking down. Ellie raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Just like last time. You and the Kings and Queens will leave, right?" Lorna returned her gaze at the redhead.

Ellie's look softened. The younger girl seemed heartbroken, and the older understood why. The girl actually reminded Ellie of herself. She felt the same when she had to return to her world the first time they were in Narnia. She knew what it was like to grow fond of people who wouldn't be by her side forever. Ever since Ellie shared her past with the Telmarine girl before the battle, and the brunette told everything about herself as well, the two felt even more connected than before.

"Lorna, listen," Ellie turned with her full body to her. "For years, I felt so alone. Everyone around me made me believe I was worthless. The first time my family raised their hand at me, I believed it was my fault. I thought I did something wrong and deserve to be hit. I felt just like you in that cell. Helpless," she spoke, and her voice cracked at the end. She felt tears appearing in her eyes from her horrible memories, but she shook her head to escape them. After that, a mild smile crept on her face. "But then, I came here. I found people who truly love me for me. And when I returned to New York, I met one more person like that. They all gave me hope, made me believe I wasn't actually worthless. Even after they disappeared from my life, their memories kept me alive."

Lorna wasn't saying a word, but her lips were pressed together as she tried not to cry. Every word that left Ellie's mouth made her more and more emotional.

"They made me see that there are so many people out there who could love me. And the same goes for you. There are so many people out there, who will love you in the future. You have been locked up for so long. Even so, you just stepped into freedom, and you already have someone like that," the Protector continued.

"Who?" Lorna mumbled, wiping away her tears.

"Me, silly," she slapped the girl's thigh gently with a smile. The brunette ended up crying even harder. The sight made Ellie tear up as well. She grabbed her hand. "What I'm trying to say is that even if I leave, even if we leave, you won't be alone," she spoke softly. "I will always be here," she placed their clasped hands above the girl's heart and pulled her into an embrace.

"Promise me you will never forget me, Ellie," Lorna whispered mildly.

"Me? Never."

Minutes later, after a long hug, their path split in two. Ellie was walking down the stairs when she saw her blond friend. She remembered the conversation with Edmund, but she decided not to talk about her feelings.