2.02

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

A few years earlier

A loud gasp made the birds around a tree in Central Park fly away. The girl, who previously made the noise, sat up with a confused expression on her face.

"What the hell?" she mumbled as she ran through her clothing with her hands. She was wearing her dark blue dress and the thin coat she usually wore when the weather was getting chilly. She looked beside her and found her backpack lying on the ground, untouched. She was confused. She didn't remember how and when she fell asleep. At first, she couldn't remember anything besides the argument between her and her family. She didn't even remember walking to the park. She decided it was best to return to her house before her family punish her for being away for too long.

As she was walking away from the park, everything came forward. Meeting Lucy and Edmund, the rest of the Pevensie siblings and the other Narnians, the battle, the coronation, her year in Narnia as the Protector. She had to stop and lean on the wall of a house. Her memories were overwhelming her brain, and she suddenly found it hard to breathe. However, when she looked at herself in the window of the building, she found no sign that she had ever visited the magical world of Narnia. Her necklace wasn't around her neck, even though it was always there in her memories. Besides that, she was wearing the clothes she wore before entering Narnia, the muscles she gained, as the Protector, were gone, and she noticed that she looked exactly the same as before. She was the same thirteen-year-old girl from New York.

Narnia, the Pevensie siblings, her being the Protector. It was all a dream.

She felt like her heart was about to break out of her chest. The colour left her face as she fell to the ground from dizziness and curled up, not exactly caring about her surroundings. Tears began to pierce her eyes. The only thing and the only people that made her happy were a part of her imagination. Nothing more. She was back being useless and unloved.

"Hey, look at her!" someone spoke, but she could only hear a faint voice from the banging in her head. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pain.

Another one responded, "isn't she Victoria's little sister? Jesus, what a freak!"

The two voices began laughing until somebody interrupted them. "Are you two really that imbecile? She is probably having a panic attack." He bent down next to her and touched her arm. She winced but didn't want to look at him. "It's okay, you're safe," he told her when she moved further from him.

The first boy who spoke narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing, Robbie?" He shared a look with the other boy, who shrugged.

"Helping her, you idiot!" the third retorted and reared himself up, crossing his arms.