2.17

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The news spread faster than wildfires. After the whole kingdom learned that Narnia's Protector was alive, Ellie had only two hours to prepare properly for the coronation of the new king. Susan, having cried four times in relief, made the redhead pledge to find her at least an hour before the ceremony to help each other get ready. So the Rodríguez girl had half an hour to do everything else.

She didn't really have any plans, but as soon as she saw one of her dearest friends, she realised how many people she wanted to talk to, not knowing how much time they had left in the magical world. Someone who she also ran into earlier was Prunaprismia, who burst into tears, threw her arms around the girl and apologised for marrying such a horrible man. After Ellie reassured her that she didn't need to apologise, they parted, and that was the moment she caught sight of Edmund.

Taking a running leap, she threw herself into the arms of the dark-haired boy, who almost fell to the ground from the impact. In fact, he went looking for her earlier, as soon as he heard she was alive, so he was glad she almost knocked him off his feet. He didn't say a word as he held her silently with a gentle smile on his face.

"Is everything alright?" Edmund asked her when he noticed a look on her face he didn't know what to make of.

"Can we talk?" she glanced nervously at the passing people before nodding towards an empty room.

After closing the door behind them, Edmund turned to her, but she stayed silent, shifting weight from side to side. "Ellie, you can tell me anything," he reassured her.

The girl pressed her lips into a thin line and slowly exhaled. "Maybe you were right," she said quietly.

"I'm always right," Edmund crossed his arms with a sly smirk before furrowing his brows. "But what exactly are you talking about?"

"Do you remember when you told me that I," she gulped and failed to make eye contact with the boy, "fancy Peter?"

Realisation passed through Edmund's face, and his face brightened, an enormous grin slanted across his face. "I knew it!" he exclaimed and started a celebratory dance, grabbing her hands to make her join him. However, she remained nervous and didn't seem to share the Just King's excitement. "So what are you waiting for? Tell him how you feel," he nudged her.

"It's not that easy," Ellie breathed, and she sat on a chair with a pout on her face.

"Why not?" Edmund narrowed his eyes.

"I can't just go there and confess," she shook her head, and the boy could feel her panicking. "Maybe it isn't a good idea to tell him. It's not like I can just run away to be with him if we leave Narnia," she mumbled.