2.11

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The Protector of Narnia was far from okay.

She couldn't determine if she was passed out for an hour, a day or a whole week. The moment she came to her senses, the first thing she perceived was a mild headache. The next thing she felt was the dire pain she felt in her thigh. She was absolutely certain that the arrow had seriously wounded her leg, that she could clearly smell the blood that had dried, and when she opened her eyes, it was all apparent. The injury wasn't treated at all, only a simple bandage was tied around it to stop the bleeding.

She comprehended she was in trouble in no time. Feeling something cold around her wrists, she averted her eyes there. Her eyes widened when she saw her hands chained to the chair she was sitting on. Even though she didn't want to panic, knowing that her situation was already unpleasant with her injury, she couldn't help her heartbeat become restlessly quick and loud.

"Look who decided to join us," a voice echoed in her ears, and turning her head to the source, she saw Miraz approaching her, pulling a chair behind him.

He placed the chair in front of the girl, then sat comfortably on it, placing his clasped hands on his knee. Ellie noticed Glozelle's figure in the corner of her eye and turned towards him as much as the chain allowed her to do so.

"I honestly don't understand why you are on his side, Glozelle. I thought you had at least one brain cell to decide where you should stand," she addressed, watching him with an intense look, noticing that it made him uncomfortably step back a little to escape her eyes. "You know, it is never too late to choose the right side. You know you want it," she continued, letting a faint smile grow on her face.

"Wait outside, General," Miraz interfered before the man could react.

He nodded and hurried away, leaving the two alone in the room. Ellie turned her entire attention to the man sitting in front of her with a sigh.

"Miraz," she spoke, trying to exclude the pain in her leg.

"Natalie."

"Natalia," she corrected him, rolling her eyes. "It's not that hard, you know."

"You could be Bertha, for all I care," he responded, appearing nonchalant. "I thought you were deceased," he continued, and Ellie was satisfied, finding flutter in his voice, which he tried to hide with a hard facial expression.

"It's not that easy to kill me," she answered, sending him a provocative smile.

"I have noticed," the man spat the words, growing more furious at the sight of the look she gave him.

"Why did you want me gone? I didn't do anything while I was here. Yet, you kept sending assassins after assassins. Too bad they all failed to kill me," she pouted.