Call up

Aidans POV

The sun peered through the curtains waking me up in my new house. Jack was sleeping next to me, his eyes twitching every now and then. I manoeuvred my way out of his arms without waking him and had a proper look around this new house of mine.

Jack has decorated it perfectly, somehow. Even the little things like matching the flowers to a photo that was hanging on the wall. He had added little photos that would stand on drawers or shelves of us at different times, like our first dinner where he had to apologise for saying shit about me being on Love Island and another one of our holiday with the guys where Tyrone decided to photobomb in the background.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen, not expecting much food to be in the fridge. I opened the door to see a perfectly filled fridge with all the different foods I like. I was so impressed with everything jack had done that I thought he deserved breakfast in bed at least.

"Hello chicken" I picked up a FaceTime call from Tyrone. "How long have you known about this?"

"A good few months" he shrugged as if it was nothing serious.

"I just can't believe it" I said as I sat on a barstool. "I just never thought I would be in this position where someone would like me this much to want to live with me or whatever"

"Chicken, he doesn't just like you he loves you" he chuckled. "I thought you would be able to tell from all this"

"It's just crazy" I fan my hands through my hair "I always said you know if someone cheats on me I'd never go back to them kinda thing but look at me now"

"It's because you guys are meant to be" Tyrone said in a childish voice.

"Oh shut up" I pretended to vomit. "I'll see you later"

"In a bit" he waved and hung up so I could finish Jacks breakfast. I laid it all on the plate the best I could and carefully made my way upstairs.

"You alright?" I asked jack as I walked into the bedroom, he was sat in bed staring blankly.

"I've just been called up for england" he said.

"What!" I smiled. "I thought you missed out?"

"So did I" he said. "Winksy and Marcus have pulled out so they called me in"

"Oh my god" I smiled "well have a congratulatory breakfast in bed" I handed him the plate.

"I'll have to leave tomorrow though" he frowned.

"We've been apart for like 6 months I think we can deal with 2 weeks" I giggled and began to play with his hair. "You'll do amazing sweetie" I added.

"I hope so" he took a deep breath. "Just one more thing though..." he added.

"Yes I'll pack your suitcase" I said before he could even ask.

Jacks POV

"I still can't believe you two are finally back together" Tyrone clapped. Aidan decided to drop myself and Tyrone to St George's Park for the england training instead of us getting an Uber. "I'm just so happy"

"We will have to get you a girl soon you know" I laughed back. "We can't have you third wheeling with us forever"

"What a shame, that was really my plan you know" he said back sarcastically.

The journey to London reminded me of when we took Aidan to the airport when I fancied her. Nearly a year ago now I met her and when I first met her I would never of been able to tell you that a year later I would be in love with her.

"Wow Jack! You didn't have to turn up to your first call up with your model girlfriend yeah?" Mason laughed as we pulled up and Aidan helped get the bags out of the car.

"Did someone say Jacks girlfriend is here?" Tammy said and a few other guys bundled out of the training centre.

"It is lovely to meet you" Jadon walked over to Aidan and placed his hand out for her to shake.

"Hi" she smiled and accepted his handshake.

"Look guys, Jacks only just won her back over he doesn't need any more competition" Tyrone interrupted.

"May I just say, I loved you last year on Love Island" Raheem then came out.

"Oh, well thank you" she half laughed.

"So you're the girl that's been the talk of this training session so far" Gareth then walked out. I gritted my jaw together at the thought of all these guys drooling over my girl. "Why don't you come in and have a look around. My team says your big on all this social media so maybe you could show us off" he said to Aidan.

"I mean, I really don't know anything about football" she said awkwardly.

"You'll be fine" Gareth insisted. "Maybe the guys will train properly for once to try and impress you" he laughed. I clenched my jaw again but kept calm. Aidan looked over to me apologetically but was quickly dragged away by Gareth.

"It's alright bro" Ty laughed and patted me on the back. "We're all brothers here, nothings gonna happen" he added. I grabbed my bag and followed Tyrone into the changing room.

I sat down on the bench by my top and thought about this surreal experience. Everything that's happened to me in the last two years is surreal. Getting promoted into the premier league, meeting Aidan, breaking up with Aidan, getting back with Aidan and then getting the england call up. Admittedly for a year I wasn't actually with Aidan, my mistake I know. But she was on my mind the whole two years.

"Come on kiddo" Tyrone hit me out of my thoughts. "You won't get to play if you don't train" he laughed.

I walked out of the changing room, through the tunnel and out onto the training pitch. Aidan was stood on the sidelines talking away to Mason and Declan. She noticed I walked out and quickly jogged over to me.

"Sorry about all of that" she awkwardly laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on" she rolled her eyes. "I could see your jaw clenching from Birmingham" she laughed.

"I'm just protective, you know. Now I've got you back"

"You have nothing to worry about, I wouldn't be here would I?" She took my hand into hers. "Now look, you have a good time and make the most of this opportunity, ok?"

"Of course" I smiled.

"I'll see you next week" she smiled one last time as I planted a kiss on her lips.

"I love you aidan"

"I love you too Jack"