burp and curse

Jacks POV

Aidan got changed into a different white dress for the reception as it was 'lighter' and 'easier to move it' like I actually knew. All the guests were already there and socialising, but that all stopped as they cheered and clapped when Aidan and I walked in. I twirled Aidan around before we sat down, her parents beside her and my parents beside me.

"Now it's the time you have all been waiting for!" Tyrone stood up and hit a knife against his glass.

"Oh dear god" I put my head in my hands.

"Best mans speech!" He said as everyone clapped.

"How much has he had to drink?" Aidan whispered to me. 

"Already too many" I laughed. Tyrone pulled some paper out of his pocket.

"It's so nice to see so many people here to celebrate the love of Jack and Aidan, it's mad how far people will travel for a free meal" he started with a awful dad joke, I turned to Aidan who was already laughing.

"Aidan I knew from the first day that we met you that you were a keeper, mainly because you laughed at my jokes whilst Jack just shook his head. I'm very happy to be here to celebrate this glorious day with Aidan and Jack. I can't believe they have been a thing for the last 3/4 years or whatever it's been , honestly it feels like 10" he said, referring to all the drama. "During these 3/4 years I have third wheeled thousands of times and honestly, they are my favourite couple in the world - more than rose and Jack in titanic. Aidan and Jack I wish you a lifetime of happiness that you both deserve and Aidan, my chicken - it still amazes me rot his day that you have chosen to tolerate Jack fro this long and that you are committing to tolerate him for the rest of your life"

I looked over to Aidan who was on the brink of tears.

"I don't know two people who deserve a long, healthy and happier life than you two. When I realised that my two best friends were in love I remember thinking to myself wow this is a dream come true and then when I realised I had to become a full time councillor I was definitely not impressed. I'm so happy that you two have found your forever person - and Aidan I'm glad that you have made Jack happier than I ever could" he pretended to fake cry.

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be" I whispered to Aidan.

"Jack Grealish - you are handsome, witty, intelligent, he's charm- sorry Jack I'm having trouble reading your handwriting. You can tell me the rest later? When Aidan accidentally tumbled into our lives a little birdy told me that it was fate. Was it love at first sight ? Definitely not. But who would of known that love did blossom ? And who cares how it came about. What matters is that these two crazy people have found what they have been looking for. When it comes to good things, may it come in abundance. For the bad times, may it come few and far between. Raise your glasses for a toast, to Jack and Aidan one hell of a couple"

Aidans POV

"Oh Tyrone, that was so lovely" I gave him a massive hug.

"What can I say - I just have a way with words" he joked.

"Thanks bro" Jack gave him a hug. "Love you always man"

"I think it's my turn now?" Maura took the microphone.

"And you were worried about Ty" I laughed to Jack.

"Hello everyone, for those who don't know me, my name is Maura and I am Aidans best friend, maid of honour and sister for life. Firstly I would like to thank everyone for being here, to all Jacks guests for welcoming us with open arms, and for all Aidans guests for making it on time for once. Just a little note to all the bachelors here, I am single and will be taking applications from 7 this evening, and yes Mason, I'm looking at you" she winked. I hit her on her side. "Aidan told me to not do two things in this speech, burp and curse, well Aidan you get one thing, I'm not going to burp"

"Oh dear god" Jack laughed.

"But honestly as I was preparing this speech I kept thinking to myself holy shit Aidan is getting married in thirty minutes" she said, causing everyone to laugh. "I know it means the world to both Aidan and Jack that everyone is here today. Aidan you look beautiful today, why don't you stand up and give everyone a twirl?" I was confused but did as she said.

"That dress is so so so stunning and it makes a change from those pants that you wear in the relationship" the caused a roar of laughs from the guests. "A lot of people know Jack as a football star but he's a lot more than that, he is caring, charming and clearly brave to marry someone like Aidan. Now I was going to stand up here and give you guys some relationship advice but clearly that would be a disaster, but this a do know. Jack if you buy Aidan flowers that will tell her that your sorry but if you buy her a large chicken nugget meal with a Fanta, a Mayo chicken burger and some mozzarella sticks - that will tell her that you love her"

"You forgot the McFlurry!" I shouted.

"But really, Aidan and Jack make such a happy and fantastic couple, together and individually they are so kind and gracious and wonderful. They are so deserving of eachother and I couldn't be more thrilled for you guys. I can't wait to see what the future holds and I can't wait to be an aunt to your children who god willing will have Jacks hair and Aidans common sense. So without further ado I would just like to apologise in advance for anything I might do tonight"

"Mason be scared!" Jack interrupted.

"So finally if you could please raise your glasses and join me in a toast to the brand new Mr and Mrs Grealish" she held her drink up and touched both mine and Jacks glasses.

"I was expected a lot worse from you" I gave her a hug.

"I've saved that for later" she winked.

"And now please could the Bride and Groom take centre stage for the first dance" the DJ said through the microphone.

"I have been dreading this part all day" I whispered to Jack as we walked up.

"Why?" He laughed.

"Everyone staring"

"Everyone has been staring all day" he laughed. "And you look gorgeous so they should stare" he added.

We soon got interrupted as Adele Make You Feel My Love began to play.

"See it's not so bad is it?" He whispered to me as we were swaying to the song.

"I guess not" I replied.

"I still can't believe we're married"

"Me neither" I laughed. "By the way - I am not letting Maura be auntie of our children"

"Thank god for that"