fuckable and not loveable

Aidans POV

Tyrone never asked me out for dinner, and if he did it was to Nandos. Never some flashy Italian restaurant. He always said if we did, he felt like he was going on a date with me and therefore betraying Jack. I've done quite a bit of that lately so I suppose it didn't matter.

I changed into a white off the shoulder shirt and some leather leggings which I paired with some simply strappy black heels. I blow dried the ends of my hair so they had more volume to it and did my make up as usual.

"Hello chicken, I'm outside" Tyrone said on the phone. I grabbed my bag and sprayed a few spritzes of perfume before attempting to run in my heels out to the cab.

"Hey you" I smiled and gave him a hug. "We could of just walked you know?"

"In those heels?" He said. "You're having a laugh"

Not even 5 minutes later we pulled up outside the restaurant where Tyrone ran around and opened the car door for me - just like Jack did on our first meal.

"Table for 2 - under the name Aidan please?" Tyrone said to the waitress at the front door.

"Why did you book it in my name?" I asked him.

"Because you're more famous then me" he joked back. I stuck my tongue out in response.

"You still don't seem yourself?" Tyrone asked after we finished our starters.

"Of course I don't" I huffed. "It's a strange feeling"

"In what way?"

"Maybe it's me Tyrone" I huffed

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with you" he smiled.

"Yes there is! Maybe I'm just fuckable and not loveable, and I'm not saying that I'm only desirable for sex, believe me I know my body is not the sort of body guys beg to have sex with but I do not think I am someone who anyone can truly love, I am too much work, too difficult, too complex. I can feel myself waiting for every guy that I'm with to realise this, to throw the towel in and tell me 'I'm just too much to deal with'" I ranted on and on and on.

"That's not true, how comes Jack is in love with you"

"He's not in love with me" I wiped my eyes from the tears that was welling up. "Like i said, he's realised that I'm too much to deal with, that I am too stubborn and run away when there is a single problem"

"I don't think Jack thinks of you like that at all, he sees you as the most perfect girl in the whole world"

"He wasn't saying that the other night - he was practically telling me that he doesn't ever want to get married. So why do I keep thinking he will ever come crawling back? Or that his mind will ever change?"

"I think you know that not what's everyone says is the truth" he shrugged like he knew something I didn't. "Anyway I'm just going to the loo" he added and with that he got up.

Jacks POV

"Okay, today's the day" I said to my mum. I was at my parents house with my sister for lunch.

"I can't believe it" my mum was already crying. "My baby boy is going to propose"

"Aw come on mum" I pulled her into a hug.

"I just never thought I would see the day" she said. "I thought you would be player Jack forever"

"I was starting the think that too" I half laughed. "But Aidans the one - I know she is"

"Go on son" my dad patted me on the back - the most affection he's ever given me "just don't fuck it up , ok?"

"I'll remember that one" I laughed.