Chapter-12

AMANDA'S RUG- RIP

"How are you doing?" Now that was the question. After the salt reacted with lemonade, the clue appeared. This time not magically, but accidentally. Scorpius prides himself on it. We don't owe him the credit though. He created a mess on Am's new rug. Were we supposed to answer to that question? Why was great grandma Hazel so intelligent? How can she expect 3 mere children to complete such hard tasks?

We were at the McCaffrey ice cream parlour for some cool sundae on a Sunday. Just after studying 2 chapters in anthropology, I grew sleepy. Ish had to bang my head on the table for four times to wake me up. And it was not because my mom told her to. She seriously enjoyed doing that-with 100% interest, but as I woke up by 4 bangs, her satisfactory level was very low-only 0.02%. Imagine.

I was halfway through with my sundae. Amanda was still weeping over the loss of her brand new rug. You know what? She even performed rituals(mostly scolding Scorp under her breath) and buried it. Coming to the answer for that question- it had to be either FINE or WELL. But neither Fine makes sense nor well. Since WELL had two meanings, we decided to go with it.

There was a deep rain water-storing well at the McCaffrey park. The only well on McCaffrey street. Scorp had the key with him. We went up to the well after finishing our sundaes. On reaching the well, I noticed that one brick was way too loose. Incidentally, there was a bagel-like carving on the brick. Man, this was easy!! I inserted the key and it clicked.

The brick moved and gave way to another set of bricks. FINALLY. The set of bricks contained.....

There's more, but you will have to wait....

Yours impatiently,

Sheldon Fortisque