Chapter- 11

THE CHEMICAL EFFECT

" A key shaped like a Bagel? huh?" Scorpius was in excitement mode today. After we bought the painting, we broke the frame. We didn't actually break it, let's say removed it. The glass came off on its own. Behind the canvas board, a round shaped thing was stuck.

Amanda detached it. The thing was hollowed in the centre. A metal wire with two branches was sticking out from the Bagel shaped thing. Giving the Bagel shaped thing an overall look, we decided that it was a key. There had to be a clue too, right?

Yes, there was a clue indeed. A big paper that covered the canvas was the clue, and we know that, because on each corner of the sheet the letters C,L,U,E where printed. But we only couldn't see the actual clue. Maybe we needed magical glasses?We had only one week before our exams started, so Am decided to party. Nothing big. Three glasses filled up to the brim with lemonade and two big bowls full of Graham crackers and Cocoa spread. We left the bagel key and the sheet lying and started eating.

I asked Scorp and Am a question- " Did you hear about the mathematician who's afraid of negative numbers?" "No" " It seems that he will stop at nothing to avoid them. Am slapped me while Scorpius laughed so hard that he sprayed lemonade all over the clue paper that was lying down. After two minutes, when he realized that he damaged the paper, he stopped laughing. Both Amanda and me stared at Scorp like crazy, but all of a sudden all of us stared at the clue paper like crazy. It was turning blue. We could see letters appearing. Ha! It was table salt after all!

Yours Chemically,

Sheldon Fortisque.