Chapter 3 | Disciple (1)

A week after in a secluded area of the Grand Library..

"[ Blaze ]!"

..a dummy had burst into flames at her command, showing Lena had successfully cast her first Tier 2 spell after studying magic for a little under half a decade.

"I-I did it!"

This was a big step for her, who had achieved 2nd Circle Mage a day before. Just because one managed to establish another Circle did not mean they could immediately start using spells of that tier. Her rate of growth was astonishing for this day and age.

"Congratulations, you're now better than 80% of this world's rabble from my estimates."

Of course, this wouldn't have been possible without personal teaching from the man hailed as the Supreme Magus.

"Once you're done putting out the fire, come back to the main hall. We will continue your theory lessons."

"Yes, Master."

Although [ Blaze ] was a Tier 2 spell, the flames it produced were just like any other fire. A quick water spell and the dummy was put out, completely unharmed. Lena had been practicing using her spells on this dummy for nearly a week, yet it hadn't gotten a single scratch nor tear on it no matter how much she abused it with her offensive spells. 

This place was called a 'Testing Ground' by Versci. But over the past few days it had been a place for Lena to throw out all kinds of spells without having to worry about the consequences and collateral damage. Not even academies for kingdom nobles and royalty would have such a durable facility for training mages. She didn't know how much longer she would be able to enjoy using the dummy, but she had hoped that she could at least cast a [ Fireball ] on it before her training ended.

The main hall was the place Lena first found herself in the Grand Library when she arrived together with Versci. But its appearance had changed considerably since the first day she had been here. There were countless piles of books neatly arranged against the shelves with separate desks and chairs placed right next to these piles. Each desk signified the next step in Lena's lessons in theory, there were a total of 10 of them corresponding to the 10 Circles of a mage. Today, she would begin her lessons at the desk for the 2nd Circle.

"Firstly, allow me to properly commend you for your growth. Of all the mages I've personally overseen, you're the first to successfully cast a higher tier spell a day after establishing the next Circle."

"Thank you, Master."

Even though the lich's skeletal face couldn't make any expressions, Lena got a feeling Versci was feeling satisfied. Especially since the aura surrounding his body was a lighter shade than usual.

"However, do not get complacent, right now you are still a fledgling. You may survive a goblin attack or two, but if you were to run into a wild Chimera or Thunder Wolf during your travels between kingdoms, you'd be mince meat."

The whole purpose for Lena's training was to become strong enough to survive as an individual wherever she went while carrying out tasks given to her by Versci. The lich was unable to step out into the world himself, for the moment a lich was detected in any kingdom, it was that kingdom's top priority to destroy them before they began raising an army of the dead. While the Supreme Magus had actually considered doing this, he realized it would be meaningless if the Empire stepped in with their massive military to save one of their vassals. 

"Speaking of which, what do you understand about a Chimera?"

"A Chimera is an amalgamation of different beings to form one creature. They possess various traits and abilities depending on the species they are made up of, making them considerably difficult monsters to successfully kill if they possess features from powerful species."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 12, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Lich who Brings Ruinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें