Chapter 31 - The Envelope

Zacznij od początku

"Alright" She blew a heavy breath out. "Thank you, baby."

I couldn't be more proud of Lisa. She had changed a lot compared to the early stage of our relationship, where she had taken time to recheck everything before leaving. She even allowed me to clean together with her just like she did with Jisoo, teaching me how to do stuff on the ways that she approved. It didn't happen overnight, of course, she took it slow, but her improvements said a lot about her effort; she willed to try to fight her OCD habits and get better.

And I couldn't be happier to witness and be part of her journey. Because for me, when you love someone, you shouldn't only love the beautiful sides of her. The dark shadows that follow her are also yours to learn and deal with. That was what I had been doing ever since I was with the first Lisa. The only difference was, I lost on that journey, and there was no way I would fail in this one.

This Lisa deserved the best of me and nothing less.

The train station was crowded for some reason, and I struggled to keep up with Lisa. She must be very good at this since she managed to weave through the people, dragging me with her around my waist and stopping people from hitting my body. I started thinking if she could just do that whenever she pleased, considering she was a woman who walked the town with a badge. What an intimidating lady I got with me!

She stopped her steps when we had reached the platform and looked at the arriving signboard at the top.

"Oh, thank God we didn't miss your train!"

"We still have 2 minutes left," I said, chuckling and gasping for air at the same time after the run I took with my girlfriend once we were out from the taxi.

"I see..." She brought her eyes down, glancing at me with a mischievous look in them. "I still have 2 minutes to buy a ticket."

"Lisa!" I poked her stomach, but she didn't even dodge. "Please don't, love."

"I really want to go with you. I can take time off work and meet your dad."

I sighed, noticing her face that changed from being playful into serious in a blink of an eye. So I decided to give her my opinion that was far more relevant than it isn't the right time yet.

"You're still in the middle of a case, Lisa. You can't get away right now."

She pulled me closer with her arm around my back, caressing a little.

"How long that's going to take? 3 months? 8 months for a case?" Lisa tried to negotiate while we were waiting for the train to arrive. "And in the meantime, I'll get another call out."

"Sweetheart, I know" I cupped her face this time, having all her attention on me as a small smile formed on her pretty lips. "We can plan for it later, a decent one" I continued. "Not in rush like this"

"How decent are we talking about?"

I was relieved when I finally got her interest in my suggestion.

"2 to 3 days..." I took one step forward, letting my smile showed on my face since I couldn't hold the happiness I was feeling just by talking to the woman I loved. "I'll show you around, take you to beautiful spots there."

"Meet your dad?"

I laughed instantly, leaning towards Lisa until my forehead found hers.

"Of course, my love" I was amused by her response when I tried my best to highlight the best holiday plan I had in mind for the two of us in my hometown, but all she cared about was meeting my father. "I'll introduce you to him"

"As your girlfriend, right?"

My chest was hammered by the weight of sadness as soon as I heard her, thinking of Lisa as the half of my heart which was made in this universe to fulfil everything I dreamed of. Her voice stood out the most among the noises of the crowd, sounding like it was her pure soul who asked that question instead of her mind. So I took a few takes of breath before widening the distance between us and my gaze looked for hers in a heartbeat.