Chapter 31 - The Opposite 2

My mind had never been this stressed before. Not even the most complicated homicide case in the UK history back in 2016 required this much of energy, consuming every juice in my brain that was destined in the symbiotic drought.

The people around me added unnecessary swirl in the motion of mixing milk into a black coffee that only resulted to be coffee, regardless its colour or taste; always bitter anyway. No matter what ideas I tried to come out with, the plans that I thought might work, none of them seemed to solve the Lisa in this universe who was nothing like me.

I was aware of these multiple universe theories and one of them was for each time you choose an option over the other, a new universe is created for the one that didn't get chosen.

Over a year ago after I had a movie hang out with Chae, I got options whether to block her out from my life after knowing she was a church girl or continue to pursue her love. That morning when I woke up from sleep, I chose not to block and texted her so many times for the whole day instead.

That was my decision back then, in my universe.

Little did I know, another universe just existed for the second option that I didn't choose, which was blocked Chae's number and pretended like I never knew her before.

And I was in that universe as I was standing alongside this canal, killing my own brain nerves just to figure out how to fix those choices that I didn't take before.

But the worst part in this whole journey was when I woke up from sleep later and was pulled out from this universe, that stupid Lisa would take over this body back and continue with her issues.

I didn't even know what happened after Jennifer woke me since the last thing I remembered was I had Chae's hand in mine as we were watching the movie. I had no idea what that Lisa did to Chae when she got her body back, assuming it wasn't a good thing because Natalie really looked like she was mad at what was done to her friend.

And Chae? I didn't even want to remember how sad her eyes were when she saw me at the stall. If only I could give that Lisa a punch in her face for whatever she did to my Chae, I would do it thrice!

"Lisa?"

A soft voice shook my walls of wonders, changing my attention back in the zone.

"Chae..." I gave her a smile when I turned around. "I'm so sorry, I didn't-"

She handed me the plastic container that had my order, stopping my sentence before I could finish it as my eyes were following her gesture.

"Your Yakisoba"

She didn't look at me when she spoke. Chae kept her gaze down and she began to walk away after I took the food from her, sending me a kind of pain that was different from the one I experienced by losing her.

It was a kind of pain caused by her sadness right before my eyes that I never witnessed before. That was because Chae and I never had heated argument before, hurting or offending each other. My Chae was never sad when she was with me and it was the same for me too. This was the first time I encountered this kind of problem. So I had no idea prepared on how to coax her.

"Chae!" I stomped my feet on the ground, trying to stop her by getting in her way. "Chae, I-"

"It's my treat" She said when she mistaken my response as I was trying to pay for the food.

"Chae, please..." I breathed out, looking at her when she slowly brought her head up. "I need to talk to you"

"I'm confused, Lisa" She locked her eyes with mine, finally. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore?"