Chapter 22: The Lunch II

She wore a navy blue formal top that looked like it was tailored according to each curve of her body. Her pants were black, not loose but not too tight either, probably just fit her degree of comfort. She had one hand in her pocket while another one swung at the side of her frame, making the soft rock of her shoulders so appealing. The holster of her gun moved together with the sway of her hips, and nothing else looked more macho than that. The charisma she portrayed just by walking was insane, turning every meeting we had felt like the very first time.

Her steps were fast, yet she appeared calm and collected compared to another officer who was standing in front of me. And she took the spot next to mine, offering a short hug and kisses on my cheeks.

"Chae..." She greeted me in a whisper, blowing soft breath against my ear as she moved.

"H-hi Lisa" I grinned, not knowing what to say or how to react even though I got everything planned in my brain earlier.

It was all forgotten because of this uninvited man.

"Hopkins, please excuse us" She commanded when the guy was still with us.

"This can't happen again, Lisa" He must be referring to my visit since his index finger was pointing at me. "You know the rules"

"It's just not advisable, it doesn't state that it can't be done"

"Are you arguing about the law?"

Lisa scoffed, facing the man this time.

"Ohh jeez, why do you have to be dramatic?" There was cockiness in her tone that surprised me. That was because the Lisa in my universe talked so much nicer to her ex-boyfriend compared to with me. "It's just a visit-"

"If this happens again, I'll tell boss"

"Then what? He will fire me?" Lisa laughed a little, mocking him even more. "Why don't you mind your own business, Johnny Capunny? You are bossing around like Cooper's nephew more than Baxter ever would"

"You-"

"Piss off" Lisa gritted her teeth this time, sounding like she was holding herself from losing her patience that was barely there in the first place. I could tell by her facial expression. "I'm not going to repeat myself, Hopkins"

It was so intense to witness two police officers that were facing each other and standing still, not wanting to budge even a little. There was anger surrounding a man named John Hopkins, who I had known ever since I got in a relationship with the Lisa in my place. There was also strictness in the woman I came here for, which felt so familiar but I guessed the luck was on my side as the sternness was projected to a different person. That person wasn't me anymore.

After a moment of eye war between them, the one with a necktie finally showed signs of defeat when he began to withdraw himself, creating distance between Lisa and me before leaving the space for us to have, privately.

"Chae, I'm so sorry..."

Lisa's voice changed drastically as she looked at me, even her eyes softened in a flash.

"No, no, please-" I panicked when I could sense her regret from what just happened. "It's alright, I understand. I shouldn't have come here"

"Why did you?"

"I just wanted to see you"

"If that's so..." Lisa grasped my arms with her soft hands, pulling me closer to her, which soothed my negative feelings at that time and altered them to somethings better for her to hold. "You can come here whenever you want, alright?"

Her eyes were sparkling when she spoke and I didn't want to lie about how that simple sentence flicked my heart in the most delicate way I had ever felt. It was so hypnotising until my body was shaking lightly, forcing me to disconnect our eye contact because I could feel my cheeks burning.