Chapter 2

The door of the room was opened. "Good morning, Mr-"

"I thought we were done?" Another voice in the room interrupted.

As Lisa continued walking into the space, her favourite room actually, her eyes glanced at her own reflection in the large mirror.

Smiling, she continued her sentence that was meant to be finished earlier. "Good morning, Mr. Clark" She greeted, sitting down on a black chair in front of the man.

"I got an alibi, I told everything to that ginger hair officer last week!" The man spoke with anger and frustration owing to the fact that he was called back for another interrogation.

"Detective," Lisa corrected him and leaned her back against the chair with a file in her grip. "Detective Baxter?"

"Yes!"

"I am aware of that, Mr. Clark" She cleared her throat, giving him a faint smile. "I'm Detective Isaac and I just need more information about your wife"

Lisa finally got a chance to introduce herself since she was stopped by the man's statement as early as she entered the room.

Keeping eye contact, he huffed. "I know who you are"

"That's good to hear" Lisa responded and she straightened her body, placing both of her arms and also the file on the table that separated her from Mr. Clark. "I won't take long"

"What else do you need to know then?" He asked as annoyance was all over his face that she could tell with ease.

She stared into the main suspect of a 37 year old Elly Clark's murder case, looking for any door that she could knock, or a door that might have already opened for her. She just had to find it.

"Do you know any male friend your wife had?"

"I already gave names of her friends that I know! Can you check the report first before you waste my time?"

"Trust me, Mr. Clark" Lisa smiled. "I won't waste my time either"

The man who had lost his wife could feel the chill in his bones when he heard her.

She didn't put any effort into her needs, she even smiling the whole time since she got into the interrogation room, but there was always a daunting aura Lisa presented to suspects she talked to as an astute person she was well known of.

And being interrogated by Detective Lisa Isaac was another level of atrocity for criminals.

"As a matter of fact, we are doing this again because I did read the report from last time" She stated. "The names you provided us with are all females"

"I don't know any male friend of hers"

"Alright" Lisa sighed, flipping the papers she brought with her. "This is your wife's phone calls and text messages record on the day she was murdered" Her eyes stopped at a specific phone number and the time of the incoming call. "She received a call at 10:27p.m." Lisa ran her eyes back to Mr. Clark before she spewed her question. "Did you hear anything suspicious when she was talking to the phone? Because this caller could be the suspect"

He responded after seconds of delay. "I did hear something"

That was a good news for Lisa since all she wanted was cooperation from the man.

"Can you tell me what you heard? Any specific word she said?"

"I can't really remember the details, detective" Mr. Clark tried to give anything he could to help with the case. "But I remember she was being so mad when she answered the call"