PERSPECTIVES

This story contains my own Doctor - I hope you like him!

PERSPECTIVES

Nancy’s Dreamscape

The circular design of Tremas’ house held a certain charm.  Rather like Hobbiton if the doors were not semi-rectangular.  At a glance Nancy could tell the house had fallen in some form of disrepair.  Grief stricken Tremas had not managed to keep up with the housekeeping.  Again, Nancy felt her hearts fill with pity.  Tremas ran round picking up bits of paper before placing them on a desk situated in front of a huge fire.  Obviously used for light and warmth.  Straightening pictures on the wall, one a portrait of... Nancy gasped, no wonder people like Tegan and Turlough confused her with Nyssa.  She was so alike that even she would have difficulty telling them apart.

“If I had known...” Tremas began as he tried to arrange fruit in a bowl to a more artistic style only for some to roll out again.  “You must forgive the unsightly disorder that has become my house!”

How could he?  Nancy fumed, how COULD he take over this lovely man?  

“Truly,” Nancy said rushing to pick up a rolled up scroll at the same time as he did, their hands touched it at the same time, “it does not matter!”  their eyes held each other’s gaze.  “I understand!”

Proudly Tremas smiled as he squeezed her hand.  “You have always been kind, Nyssa,” he mumbled, “sometimes too kind!”

What did he mean by that?  “Father,” she said, “this may sound... silly...”  he stopped placing a chair at the right angle, “but... I have forgotten where the kitchen is!”

“That does not sound silly,” he sighed, “dearest child, you have been under some strain!” you have no idea, Nancy thought, “I think I had best show you to your room!”

“I am fine, father,” she insisted smiling, “honestly, I have never felt better!”

Tremas looked closely at his daughter.  “No, you must rest!” Taking her hand he led her through the curvy halls of the house.  Nancy could not get over how spartan everything was.  Dorothy’s house was fairly sparse of objects and knick-knacks before she arrived, they passed by two or three rooms before Tremas stopped her at a door.  “Nyssa,” he sighed, “your room has not been changed since...”

Swiftly he opened the door not wishing to finish that dark sentence.  Standing aside to let her walk in the room.

Wow, her eyes widened in surprise.  This room was the complete opposite to the rest of the house in that it was filled to the brim with furniture, knick-knacks, old toys Nyssa used to play with and ornate furniture.  

The circular theme made the ceiling rather high.  There was an intricately carved triple door wardrobe that curved with the wall.  A matching set of draws stood opposite.  Sunlight from the window between the furniture highlighted the artistic floral carvings on the wardrobe doors and drawers. Right in front of her was the biggest four poster bed she had laid her eyes on.  Dark green velvet curtains hung down from the top of the bed, held together by a gold hoop giving the effect that the bed was dressed in a luxurious skirt.  Sharply contrasted with the light green silken sheets covering the mattress.  Standing at the bottom of the bed was an ottoman with some dolls sitting on it, as if they were waiting for their child to return.  

Tremas walked up to them and picked one up from the centre.  “She used to be your favourite,” he sighed, smiling fondly whilst stroking the hair of the doll, “you used to insist that I kiss her before I kissed you goodnight!”

Nancy walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him resting her chin on the small of his back.  How could anyone not love this man?  Nancy was instantly smitten with him.