14. We would have been so happy (Connor Rhodes, Ava Bekker) 🩺

REQUEST:

"Morning Mags

"Morning Mags." She forcefully greeted the head nurse standing at her station, bussy with work. "Morning to you to Ava." She whispered to herself as she did not get a reply.

Ava spotted Connor aproaching her with someone she never saw before, they looked friendly. She looked at the ground as she saw them aproaching to push the pain she felt more in the dept of her. "Hey Ava, how are you today?" Connor asked like last night never happened.

"Fine." She forced a smile, trying to get out of the situation as soon as possible. "I have to go."

"Hey wait up." Connor walked after her. "This is my friend since we were five and I would love for you to meet him." He smiled down at her, fixing her hair behind her ear. "He's familly."

Ava couldn't believe it so she gently pushed his hand away. "No Connor, I do not want to meet your friend."

Half a day later when Ava came out of an operating room, Connor was already waiting for her outside the door. "Care to explain what happened earlier?" He screamed at her, pointing a finger in her face. "You humiliated me in front of my friend."

Ava chuckled, pacing back and forth. "And me?" She stood dangerously close to him, tears ready to fall. "Wasn't I humiliated yesterday when you fucked Robin on that stupid party?" She shook her head and bite down on her tongue. "I was in the room right next to it with all of our friends."

Connor grabbed his mouth. He never tought he will get cought. "Ava, I..."

"Don't..." Ava wiped the tears away and smiled. "We could have been so happy... But you are so not worth it." She threw her mask in the trash, walking away from Connor.