"Good choice," Jimin says. "You practically saved them."

Suga ignores him. Instead of replying, his dark, cold eyes land on me.

I feel frozen to the spot.

Oh my goodness. Y/n don't freak out. Don't freak out don't freak out-

"What's your name?" he asks.

"Y/n," I say immediately.

Something glistens in his dark eyes. "You were in the truck with J-Hope and Jungkook?"

I nod.

"Now tell me..." he looks down at Jungkook in his arms. "What went through your mind to leave Jungkook out there like that?"

I look at Jimin uncertainly, who just gives me a supporting smile.

"It's not like I had a choice," I say after hesitating. "I really wanted to take Jungkook with me, but I was exhausted and so was J-Hope so we couldn't use our powers. And then neither of us could carry him -"

"But you couldn't both carry him together?" Suga prompts.

I pause. Could we have? "I don't think so."

"Did you try?"

"... no."

"So what makes you think you couldn't?"

"I... I - I was... we were -"

"Y/n just came back from a big getaway fight," Jimin slides into the conversation, smooth as butter. "Surely you can understand that she's tired and not in her best mindset right now."

I mentally thank Jimin a million times for saving me.

Suga glares at him.

He seems to be daring Jimin to make a move. Jimin doesn't do that, but he doesn't back off either.

The result is an intense standoff.

No one says anything, and tension in the room builds up. J-Hope was right: Suga is really scary.

"I'll get Jungkook to the Healing Room," Suga eventually says, breaking the silence. His eyes meet mine for a moment before he walks away.

He rounds the corner and disappears into a light blue tunnel with Jungkook in his arms. My gaze trails after them in longing. Jimin doesn't stop him.

The moment they're out of sight, Jimin slumps in relief. "I can't believe we got out of that scot-free," he says.

"Neither can I," I say.

I'm glad, but my mind refuses to stop thinking about Jungkook. He's back and safe now, so why am I not happy? Is it because I couldn't talk to him? Because Suga took him away from me? Because -?

Jimin leans over to me with a smirk on his face. "You still thinking about Jungkook?"

"What? Pfft," I try to laugh it off. "No, don't be ridiculous."

Jimin only raises his eyebrows mockingly.

I try to hold my ground, but the silence becomes so awkward that I end up breaking it anyway.

"Okay fine," I admit. "Maybe I wanted to talk to Jungkook a little bit. I feel like I could've been braver in front of Suga or something, I don't know."

"Oh believe me," Jimin says, "Not being able to see Jungkook is much better than being on the receiving end of Suga's fury. You saw the mist he made. And besides," he adds, seeing the disappointed look on my face, "you'll have plenty of time to see Jungkook later. You'll be staying with us now after all."

Oh.

Oh.

I forgot about that.

Jimin playfully takes my hand in his, and my previous disappointment melts into satisfaction. His cheerful self is back.

All the questions and doubts I had fade away.

But wait. Didn't I have a question about Jimin? Something about... his abilities? But I don't remember what specifically... What was I wondering about?

All my previous worry is too distant now to be sure.

"You'll get used to it, you know," Jimin says, distracting me from my train of thought. "Suga always seems cold on the outside but... he just wants to make sure we're okay, really. He cares."

He didn't let me talk to Jungkook so I highly doubt that, I think.

"Here, let me show you around our base! That should take your mind off them for a while. I'll show you our treehouse and game room and music studio! Let's avoid the Healing Room for now to avoid Suga with his ice speciality, yeah?"

I tilt my head. "A specialty?"

Jimin turns to me, bewildered. "You don't know what that is?"

"... no?"

"Well then," Jimin smiles. "We've got a lot to teach you."

~

A/N: Almost 2k reads and 400 votes!! I appreciate every single one of them and I love reading all your comments. I can't believe it, thank youuu 💜💜

Also Dynamite will be released in like 5 hours I'm so excited -