Chapter 6

Stormheart was lost. Far from her Clan and her family. But she was following her heart.

She kept walking, stopping occasionally to take a break. By sunrise, she had reached Twolegplace. She saw a kitty pet sitting on a fence.

"Hello!", the kittypet greeted her.
Stormheart flicked her tail and padded away. Then the kittypet jumped down from the fence and started following her. Stormheart let out a low growl. "Leave me alone", she said, and started running.
"Wait!", the kittypet yowled. Stormheart whipped around. "What?", she hissed. "Are you lost?", the kittypet asked, "and where's your collar?". Stormheart looked at him, her eyes narrowed. "I'm not lost. And don't have a collar. I'm a Clan cat!". "Then where's your Clan?", the kittypet tipped his head to the side. "I ran away from my Clan. I don't need them anymore", Stormheart bared her teeth at the kittypet, "now leave me alone". She ran.

Before she reached the edge of Twolegplace, she heard an earsplitting screech. She turned around to see a huge dog clutching a small brown cat in its jaws. It was the kittypet! Stormheart knew she had to help him, even if he was extremely annoying.

She leaped, claws unsheathed, at the dog. She managed to scratch it on the nose, and it dropped the kittypet on the cold ground.
Stormheart grabbed the kittypet by the scruff and dragged him away from the dog. She realized that he was bleeding, and rushed to find some cobwebs and leaves. She applied them to his wounds to stop the bleeding. He was still breathing, but he was unconscious.

Stormheart dragged him to an alleyway and found a dirty patch of what looked like feathers. She laid him down there and curled around him, closing her eyes.