19. Hosts

Dario De Luca

"You look ravishing tonight, Mrs. De Luca," I wrapped my arms around her small frame and bought her to my chest. We were standing in front of the mirror. She was applying her lipstick while I was busy admiring her.

One thing I've noticed about Arianna's dresses is that she loves to wear colours in the family of red. She's a woman of milky complexion and the shades of red adorn her skin. She fully recognises it and so the colour's a staple in her wardrobe.

I think it's safe to say, red's her colour.

"You don't look half bad yourself, Mr. De Luca," She turned her head a little and planted a small kiss on my cheek. "Do I now?" I asked with teasing eyes and she giggled in my arms.

It's incredible how much I have come up to worship this woman. She has proved herself of being nothing but amazing and loving towards me. She is the ideal wife I could've ever asked for. She supports me, she keeps up with my mood changes, she trusts me, she's loyal towards me, she takes care of me, she spends time with me and in the span of last 6 months, she found a new side of me, a side even I didn't know existed.

This side of me is nothing like the old Dario De Luca. This Dario is different. He is used to having her by her side. He has this unexplainable need to have her in his arms all the time. He has this immense need of protecting her from every bad thing that exists in life. He wants to hold her every night and wake up with her in his arms every morning. He wants to buy her a thousand gifts. He wants to shower her with everything she's ever wanted. He wants to sit and talk to her. He's liking all of her mindless rambles. He's wants to listen to her giggles and laughs until the day, he takes his last breath.

When I'm with her, I'm not the big bad Dario De Luca, the head of Italian Mafia, one of the most feared gang leader of the world. I'm not the Mafia Lord who people fear.

I'm just her Dario. Arianna's Dario.

But this Dario doesn't know what this feeling is called and neither does the old Dario.

I looked at Aria through the mirror and smiled unknowingly. We're going to speciale dello chef, a restaurant we own which is situated downtown. We're hosting Arianna's friend and her boyfriend tonight. I was a little worried about her new friend but unknown to her, I did a bit of research on the woman when Arianna told me her full name. It's safe to say she is a innocent one.

"Come on, we'll get late otherwise," Aria said and I nodded my head. I was about to open the door for her when she held my forearm, stopping me from doing that. I raised a brow in her direction but she didn't reply.

She turned and picked up a tissue from her vanity. She bought it to my cheek, the one she earlier kissed and rubbed the—what I assume was—lipstick mark. She smiled at me once she was done. She dropped the tissue and took my large large hand in her small delicate one and walked out of our room.

.

.

.

It took us roughly 30 minutes to reach speciale dello chef considering our Mansion is situated away from the hustle of the city. I have always been a private person and it was obvious that I'd have a place in a quiet, scheduled place outside the city. This wasn't the place where I was born. We had a property in the city but when I took over the business, I decided I need to shift. Based on all the talks I've had with Aria, I came to know she has always wanted to have a home away from the crowds too and the Mansion is just the place she'd like to live in. The thirty minutes' travel could sometimes get on my nerves but most days, I'm very thankful for it's location.

As the car stopped, I prevented Aria from getting out of the car. I jumped out and walked to her side to open her door. I offered her a hand which she took while giving me one of her dazzling smile. She stepped out and I wrapped my arm around her waist and guided her inside. The manager walked upto us as he noticed us stepping inside.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. De Luca. As you ordered, we've set a table for you and your guest by the balcony. How long do we have to wait until they get here?" He asked with a professional smile.

"I'll just call Laura," Aria said and I nodded but got interrupted by a female voice.

"No need, Arianna. We're here." Both Aria and I turned around to face the owner of the voice.