18. Invite

Arianna De Luca

"Umm... Hi?" The girl politely said breaking me out of the starring trance I had. She waved her hand in front of me and I closed my eyes for a second before opening it again.

"H-hi. I'm s-sorry." I said and she shook her head with a smile.

"It's okay but are you fine? You looked lost for a second." She kindly asked holding my arm for a second.

"Y-yeah. It's just that, you resemble my husband so much in certain ways that I was kinda lost for a minute." She furrowed her eyebrows but still had a smile on her face.

"I do? Wow. Okay. I'm Laura Garcia, by the way." She said and smiled.

"I'm Arianna De Luca and that is my sister-in-law, Nina Ricci." I said and pointed towards Nina who was busy examining a dress in the store.

"Hey, Nina." I said getting her attention and she walked upto us.

"Nina, this Laura Garcia. Laura, Nina." I introduced the ladies.

"Wow, Laura your certain features resemble Arianna's husband so much." Nina exclaimed and looked at me. I nodded my head, smiling.

"Arianna just informed me. Even she was stunned for a moment." Laura said with a little awkwardness visible in her voice.

"Anyways, I'm sorry for spilling your coffee. Can I buy you a new one, perhaps?" I asked feeling sorry for the coffee I just spilt. She smiled and shook her head negative.

"Oh, it's fine. I don't wanna waste your time,"

"We were anyways headed there for a snack. Come on, it's no trouble, really." I insisted and she shrugged her shoulder saying, "Okay then."

Nina, Laura and I went to the restaurant inside the mall and ordered some snacks and coffee.

"So Laura, tell me more about you," Nina asked biting her sugar-free cupcake.

"I'm 23 and currently am studying architecture. I work part time as a kindergarten teacher. I live with a friend of mine in a rented apartment and I have a boyfriend of 2 years, Shane. Also, I'm an orphan."

"I'm so sorry," Nina and I said.

"It's fine, really. I never met my dad since he left my mom after he found out she was pregnant with me and my mom died when I was 15 due to cancer. I'm habituate of living alone." Her eyes flashed sadness for a moment but she shook it off.

"Oh." Nina said.

We chatting for some time about random things. She was a little timid but we were getting along really good. I was in the middle of a conversation when my phone buzzed. It was a message from Dario.

Are you okay? The guards informed me you met an unknown women.

I silently chuckled at his message. The guards really do inform him of all of my activities outside the house, don't they. I smiled at the fact that he cares so much about me. I know he must be busy in his work yet he takes time to check whether I'm okay or not.

I'm fine. She's really nice and we've actually kinda become friends. I'm thinking of inviting her and her boyfriend to dinner at one of your restaurants this weekend. Shall I?

I typed back. I asked him that because if he thinks it's unsafe, I wouldn't. She might resemble Dario and all but she doesn't know our reality yet and I don't want for her to possess any kind of threat to us and neither would I want to risk her life by mingling it with ours.

Yeah sure. Just make sure you don't give her too much information for now. We just can't trust anyone right now.

I replied an 'okay' and locked my phone.

"So, are you guys free this Saturday night?" I asked and Laura nodded her head but Nina denied.

"It's my mom's birthday on Sunday, so I and Matteo would be flying to America to meet her. Why do you ask though?" Nina explained.

"I was thinking of having a get-together dinner at one of our restaurants and invite Laura. I want to meet her boyfriend." I said and sipped my caramel macchiato.

"Oh, don't worry about me. You guys carry on. Laura, you said you're free on Saturday, right?" Nina questioned Laura.

"Yeah, I'm free. Moreover, I'd love to meet the person you guys think I resemble." Laura said with a smile.

"Yeah, prefect. We'll all have a dinner next time. I'll bring my husband, Matteo too. I'd love for you two to meet." Nina said excitedly clapping her hands.

"For sure." Laura said, nodding her head.

"Okay, it's settled then. We're meeting at speciale dello chef at say, 8?"
(The Chef's special)

"Your husband owns that restaurant?" Laura asked and I nodded my head. "Actually we both do." It's true. I legally own all the houses, offices, restaurants, bars, motel, clubs and hotels Dario owns. It's a Mafia thing that when a Don gets married, his wife becomes the rightful partner in business.

"Wow. I mean, it's one of the most sophisticated places in all of the Rome. I don't think I can afford the food there." She sceptically said.

"Honey, there's no way in hell I'm letting you pay. I've invited you and it's all on us. So come on, 8 o'clock Saturday night, final?"

"Yes, final." Laura smiled.