6. Thank God

Arianna De Luca

I and Nina reached home and she insisted on us watching a movie, so we are currently in the movie room. Yes, the mansion has it's own movie room. It has a popcorn stand in the back where they also have some chips, coke and chocolates.

"Is Fifty Shades of Grey okay with you, sister-in-law?"  Nina questioned as she was going through the movie options.

"Yes. Also, you can call me by my name. 'Sister-in-law' is too formal, makes me feel like a stranger." I said as I was waiting for Mia to be back with our popcorns. I asked for some spicy ones whereas Nina opted for some sweet caramel ones.

"I'm so sorry, Arianna. I didn't mean to bring you down. It's just that firstly, it's still pretty hard to believe that The Dario De Luca actually tied the knot moreover it just feels good to know that there's a girl in the family other than me. Matteo has a little brother who's actually gay and is married to his longtime boyfriend. They live in Australia but whenever we get together for a family reunion, I feel alone. Thank you for listening to my senseless rant. Now, let's start the film." Nina said all of that in one go and I totally get her excitement. I chuckled at her behaviour and handed her, her popcorn.

We both sat on the couch and Mia turned off the lights. Even though there was this amazing movie playing in front of my eyes, my mind drifted back to Dario. If we have a mole, he is in a danger. I know he's the Capo of the whole of Italy but I'm still worried about him. What if someone attacks him? I might not love him but he is my husband and I do want his safety.
(Boss or Head)

We were halfway through the movie when it was paused by Nina. I turned toward her in confusion. She herself was looking back at the entrance of the movie room. I saw Matteo and Dario standing there. Dario's white shirt was now replaced with a dark grey one. I wonder why.

"Why would you make my wife watch two people fucking each other? It's like porn. Just with a more famous cast." Dario said to Nina, shaking his head sideways. He has not filter. God!

My eyes widened a bit hearing him and I quickly asked Mia to turn it off. I and Nina walked towards our respective husbands. Matteo and Nina quickly left after a small talk. Now, it was just me and Dario in the movie room. He dismissed Mia and all others who were serving us.

I offered to make dinner tonight but Dario denied. Apparently, the cooks are already on it. I shrugged and was about to walk to my room when Dario stopped me.

"Do you mind? If you're free, that is." He offered gestured towards the couches. He says as if I actually have work. I smiled and nodded at him and he escorted me ahead. We sat on the couches but there wasn't any movie playing.

"Your shirt's changed." I remarked as I looked at my hands resting on my lap. I don't want him to think I'm nosy.

"You think I'm cheating on you?" He sternly asked as he held my chin and made me look him in the eyes.

"What?! I knew you were cheating on me. You were wearing a white shirt previously and now it's grey. Who's the woman?" I said standing up from the couch, my voice growing darker by the word.

"Preziosa, I'm not cheating on you. There's no one. I broke contacts with any and every of my mistress the minute I took you as my wife. Why would you even think that? My white shirt got bloody earlier and so I had change. That's it." He said as he too stood up from his seat with a worried face and a slight pout forming on his lips.

I busted out laughing as I saw his face. My laughter filled the silence in the movie room and Dario was looking at me as if I had lost my mind. I grabbed my stomach because it started to hurt with all of the laugh.

"Thank God, I'm not that type of a wife." I said with humour evident in my tone. I once again started laughing as I saw a frown etched on his forehead.

"Arianna De Luca. Who the fuck do you think you are to pull such a stunt on me? I'm the Capo of the whole of the Italy. Who gave you the right to prank me, huh?" He said with a drop dead voice. He looked very angry at me and he fisted his hand to control his anger. Shit, I pissed him off. I shouldn't have played such a trick.
(Boss or Head)

Great job, Ari.

"I'm so sorry, Dario. I just... I... I'm sorry. I promise I won't do this again." I said as I kept a hand on his chest, trying to convince him not to lash out on me.

This time he surprised me. He broke into a smile and snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me against his hard chest. Oh God! Even his smile was so beautiful. It was a real one this time. Not the ones I get when he tries to be nice or to convince me.

"Thank God, I'm not that type of a husband." He continued my prank and the both of us ended up laughing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kept his head against mine.

"I'm very glad we're in a place where we can joke around each other." I said and he hummed.

"Me too, bellisima." He said and kissed my forehead softly.
(Beautiful)