10.

A loud scream rattled the windows and sent me shooting out of bed. For once, my beast didn't take over. Hmmm. I rushed into Natalie's room to see she was still asleep, but thrashing around. She was muttering to herself, but I couldn't quite understand what.

See, this is who I am. She is having an nightmare, and I could care less except for the fact that she woke me up. She is screaming again, and all I'm doing is watching. I don't care. I am a monster.

She screamed again and started repeated 'no' and 'please' over and over. I was a little curious as to what she was dreaming about, but I wouldn't ask. She would think I cared in a way if I did. Can't have that happening. I stomped my way to her bed, grabbing her shoulders to wake her. She surprised me when she jumped into my arms, crying. Little thing was like a damn monkey. I grabbed a hold of her shoulders again and tried to pry her off. She just latched on more. Damn it! I growled loud, and was horribly surprised when she calmed down a bit. You got to be fucking kidding me!

This human is a freak! And the freak wasn't letting go!

She was still sobbing into my shoulder and trembling but she wasn't screaming or yelling anymore. Great. Fucking fabulous. The only way I'm going to get any sleep is with her. Mother fucker. I will not be doing this every night. I had already woken up twice beside her not knowing how I got there. Stupid beast. 'Why can't I just get rid of her again?' I thought to my beast. The only response I got was a hiss. 'You're smart enough to make me hiss and growl involuntary, but you can't make me fucking talk.' A growl escaped again. 'Well fuck you!'

I looked down and was yet again surprised when I found her completely asleep. She had fully relaxed. Her hands lightly rested on my shoulders, her nails no longer digging into my skin. Her head was rested on my shoulder, and her legs were also loosely wrapped around me. I realized she was no longer holding on to me, but instead, I was holding her. Fuck. While I was talking to myself, I wasn't paying attention. I decided to gently lay her down, she clutched onto my shirt, not letting go. Great. I scooted her over and laid down beside her. I studied her face after she got scooted close enough to make her happy. She seemed so peaceful. There was no smile on her face. For that I was glad. She smiled to damn much. If anything she looked more natural. Relaxed. I was too fucking sleepy to actually realize I was staring. She was a beauty that's for sure. When I walked in on her changing earlier, I had to remind myself to breathe. With my 'condition' I had never seen a woman not fully clothed really. I was always hiding away in a secure environment. No windows most of the time either. When I was in close proximity of humans, I wanted to kill them.

I was surprised that I did so well when we were in town. She was the only thing I was focused on though. She was the one that my beast didn't want to kill. I did of course. She was annoying as hell. Plus, she was extra weight. Someone else I had to look after. Someone I had to make sure that didn't slip up about knowing me. This was new to me, and I didn't fucking like it.

She was beautiful, but I hated her. She was always happy, and it pissed me off. Obviously her life was so damn perfect that she had no reason not to smile or laugh. I'm almost positive she thought I was a joke.

She took me back when she actually snapped at me over the car accident. She lied about everything that happened. I know that. But I honestly didn't care to know what the full story was. Or the reason behind why she lied. My car was totaled, and that ticked me off. It was the only one I had. I could buy a new one, but what was the point if she was going to fucking wreck it too. I growled. This stupid human.

I looked her over again, and noticed the bandage on her arm had slipped. There was the proof of her lie. On her arm was a dark bruise. Someone had grabbed her hard enough that it was the perfect imprint of a hand. I could tell it was a male from the size of the palm and how wide and long the fingers were. I felt something inside me snap, and a loud growl release. The only person who was allowed to hurt her was me. I decided then that tomorrow I would check the car over. My guess was that if she did lose control of the car, it wasn't her fault. What I really wanted to know was, why did she lie to me?

Tomorrow, I had every intention of finding out!