Chapter 17 - Dead Man's Cliff

"Yes!"

             "No!"

             "Yes!"

             "No!

             "Yes!"

             "Fine!"

             Lacey clapped her hands together and smiled, "Great! Here's the address, Mrs. Cunningham told me to tell you to go pick up some of the costumes from the shop downtown." Lacey handed me the address, written hastily on a piece of ripped paper.

             "But why can't she do it? Why can't you do it?" I ask with a tired voice.

             "Well, she said that she's going to be at some teacher thing, and I have to go across town to meet my parents at lunch. Mrs. Cunningham only wanted you to go get the costumes, she knew that you could do it without complaining."

             "But I don't even have a car!" I exclaim.

             "Take the bus like normal people, that's what I did before I got a car." Lacey reasoned.

             "Ugh, I hate the bus." I sigh.

             "Too bad," Lacey mocked my pout and walked off quickly to her car.

             This was just great. It was the Wednesday before the musical and I was stuck running errands for Mrs. Cunningham. I couldn't believe that she had to entrust me to the task when I didn't even have a car. But, no worries, I could find a bus stop if I really tried.

             It was thirty minutes later when I had finally found the right bus that would take me to downtown. It seemed that many people liked to take the bus on Saturdays, so I could only find a seat in the back, right next to a mother and her two rowdy children who insisted on screaming and pulling on my bag. Great, Just great.

             From here, I knew the bus would be taking us the detour route, passing close to dead man's cliff. Dead man's cliff was a cliff that lead to a very big drop into the rocky edge of The Styx river. The reason for its name was because some people took jumping off the cliff as a daredevil's task, many didn't live to tell their tales. It was now illegal to get someone to jump off the cliff, seeing as kids used to dare each other to take their chances with the rocky water.

             Many tourists liked to take the bus and take pictures of all the scenery, which meant that taking the bus took twice as long as it should've. I sighed and put in my earphones, blocking out the squealing children next to me. I put my earphones on shuffle, hoping that we would reach the stop close enough to the address in my hand soon.

             It was a little while later when I started to notice the tourists and the citizens all take out their phones and start taking pictures out a window on one side of the bus. Curious, I take out my earphones and try and get a look at what they were all so excited about. I stretched my neck and I was able to catch a glimpse of purple, red, and yellow in the sky.

             You've got to be kidding me.

             The bus goers chattered excitedly and their voices reached all the way o the back of the bus, "What are the chances?"

             "They'll never believe this back home!"

             "I can't see him, let me see!"

             "This is so awesome!"

             "Look how close they're getting!"