Chapter 14 - The smartest girl I knew

The next Monday was chaotic at school. Anyone who had been at the festival was being bombarded with questions. 'How awesome was it to witness a super fight?' or, 'Did you really get saved by a super?' or my personal favorite, 'Were you on the Ferris wheel when it started to roll?'

            Seeing as Lacey and I were the only ones from Oceanview high who had been too far up to jump off or climb off of the Ferris wheel, we were instantly the talk of the school.

            Never before had a super battle happened in such an important event. Of course, Caine Temple had posted something in the Oceanview Tribune:

Oceanview students witness Super battle

Did they have time to get off the Ferris wheel?

            Now, we all knew that this last weekend two of our very own Seniors were saved by The Marvel while at the Super Day festival, but do we know the whole story?

            The Super Day festival started out like all the others, fun and games. But when The Marvel got up on stage, the chaos started. Tornado came flying in from the sky and started a fight with The Marvel. In the midst of this fight, 74 people were stuck on the Ferris wheel, which had stopped due to malfunctioning in the increased wind speeds.

            Of these 74 people, only 36 were able to climb safely off of the Ferris wheel before it was unhitched from its spot and sent rolling down Main street. But could more have gotten off in time to avoid riding this Ferris wheel of terror?

            A liable source from the festival has reported to us that yes, there was indeed more time for the rest of the riders to either jump off or climb down, but many were too afraid of entering the now raging battlefield.

            I'm sure many of you remember a story from a couple of weeks ago that we wrote about the girl from Oceanview who was saved by The Marvel. Well, this girl was one of the two in the Ferris wheel when it started rolling. Now we all probably have the same questions running through our minds.

            Why does The Marvel keep saving Arabella time and time again? Is she his new damsel in distress?

            As you could probably guess, I wasn't too thrilled with Caine's new article. For some reason, that boy had it out for me. Maybe it was because of my father, who had arrested his mother time and time again for sneaking into crime scenes. His mother, of course, always got off with the charges dropped. Having a police captain for a husband did have its perks.

            "Arabella, so glad I found you!" Lacey says, rushing to meet me in the hall.

            "What now?" I ask. My tone must've thrown her off a little because she looked upset.

            "Why so grumpy miss damsel?" Lacey said, mocking my crossed arms and grimace. 

            "So you saw the article too. Caine's gone too far this time. I just wish I had the courage to go tell him off. Or maybe I could've been fast enough to stop this whole 'damsel in distress' business before it started." I sighed in defeat.