24.

Another day followed and once again Eliana didn't question Lykaios as he slipped into his coat and walked out of the apartment. The look on his face said he didn't want to be bothered. 

Maximus sprawled on the couch with his legs hanging off one of its arms. And yet, once again, Eliana had found herself against the wall near the balcony, with an awfully evident hangover. Her throat burnt from the dryness and every inch of her body ached.

"Where does he go all day?" She asked, more to herself. 

"To get more bread and eggs, my guess," Maximus said, "your turn."

Eliana shook her head, her eyes squeezed shut from the pain in her head. She struggled to push herself off the floor and trudged lightly across the living room to the door right opposite. 

Her leg hit something in her way; she tripped and almost fell to the ground. A hand grabbed her by the arms and she found herself grabbing the cover of the couch. 

She cursed under her breath. 

"You walked right into the couch," Maximus said as he knelt on its cushion and arched over to help Eliana. 

She jerked his hand away rather roughly, "I don't need help," 

~

When Eliana changed into the only other shirt and pants she has, she walked into the kitchen. Maximus was already by the stove, shirtless, flipping a round of omelets; a plate of toasted breads rested at the side. 

She peered over his shoulder and turned to check the cabinets for the hundredth time since they first arrived. 

"Don't bother opening the cabinets," Max said. 

"Don't bother putting a shirt on I guess," Eliana leaned against the fridge. 

To this Maximus turned around to feign shock at her, "You're getting better at this. See, I told you few days and your sense of humor will stop rotting." 

Eliana scoffed. 

"You hungry? I can make some more," He said. 

"I can make my own eggs," Eliana said jolting towards her defensive guard. 

Maximus tossed the pan and the omelet took a 360 in air and landed back on the pan. He craned his neck and said, "I'm sure," His eyes dropping for a second and a smile played on his lips. 

"You're-"

"Ridiculous? Disgusting? A child?" Maximus tossed the omelet at the side of the plate, "You're becoming too predictable, Celest." 

"Don't call me that," She snapped. "And I'm anything but predictable."

"Jeez okay," Maximus picked up his plate and turned around fully, "why don't you stay in your room forever? My aura is being harassed by yours." 

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Do I?"

"Leave. Now." She hissed, and when she was about to reach the stove he blocked her path. "What the-"

"You act like you're the only one miserable in this entire universe," He said calmly, with the plate of food in his hand and a bottle of water in another. 

"What?"

"You don't think I notice? You've been constantly drunk, you sulk in a corner of the balcony hoping someone would come rescue you from your misery-"

"You don't know anything."

"-but I do." He hissed and for the first time Eliana saw something else in his brown eyes, his usual big brown eyes with mischief and suave now glistened with a strange need of pain...of terror.