22.

At 6:33 in the evening of August 12th, three months since the Assassins escape from The Chaconas residency, Lykaios realized how royally screwed he was. 

His muscular body shivered against the metal walls which now threatened to be wiped away by the storm outside. His hands were numb and he convinced himself that the wetness surrounding him was from the storm outside. 

Winds howled and the water roared against the worst thunderstorm in the history of Greece. His stomach churned, not just because he was terrified of what happened that morning but also because he hadn't eaten in two days. 

"Ay Doc, it's okay man, it's really not that bad..." Maximus's slur reached Lykaios from the same spot he always sat in. 

Lykaios's teeth clattered in response. His eyes grew so wide, it almost felt like they would pop out of its orbits. 

"it's just, you know...it's just one-"

"Shut up," Lykaios snapped quiet;y from his crouched position, his back turned to Maximus who laid weakly on the cold cement ground. 

"-it's one stab, Doc...I mean she gutted me with twin knives, real sexy, by the way-"

"Stop, stop talking," Lykaios said.

"-It's not that much blood too," Maximus said and his hand clapped against the pool of blood around him. He chuckled.

"I hate this....I hate-"

"Blood? well," Maximus scrunched his nose and squeezed his eyes a little, "that's not a good fear for an Assassin, try being afraid of...uh...life, you know people...oh wait, you are afraid of them already...you lying piece of...coward." Maximus threw his head back into the pool of his own blood and laughed hysterically.

"Shut up, shut up!" Lykaios bellowed and slithered closer against the wall. He wrapped his hands around his wet body, tugging at his torn blazer. Rain water dripped down from his locks, the look of fear seemed prominent on his features. 

Maximus groaned and pressed a bloody palm against the ghastly cut on his abdomen. Blood oozed out of the space between his fingers. 

"You know," Maximus groaned as he pushed himself up against the metal wall, "I think I never really liked you...that's not your fault doc, I mean if I were an uptight crack dad and a coward I'd hate myself too-"

"Stop it," Lykaios shut his ears with the heels of his hands. He balled himself against the wall, trying to make himself as small as possible. 

"-but, you know," Maximus groaned, "I think I liked you only when you were all drugged up, killing everything and everyone in sight, I loved that crazy motherf-"

"STOP!" Lykaios growled and that was all it took to unleash the monster in him. 

~

The clank of steel against the walls sent chills down Eliana's spine. She barred her teeth at the metal cage separating her from her predator. Her skin burned and her head ached like never. 

The scraping of metal became louder and foot steps shuffled in the dark. Her eyes burned from the rain she had been in. Water dripped down her clothes and snaked down her back. The pools of blood and water and a mysterious black substance surrounding her feet and hands made her want to vomit. 

The footsteps halted and silence followed. For a moment Eliana wished who ever it was was gone. The darkness out of her cell loomed in front of her eyes. She was on all fours, she arched forward to look closer into the blurry room. 

A hand appeared on the grill so suddenly that Eliana almost shrieked. She inched away from the bars, her back hitting the wall behind her. The wetness seeped into her ripped clothes, making her shiver. 

"Why are you doing this?" She asked, partially hoping she didn't get an answer. 

Their knuckles went white from gripping the bars so tightly. The slenderness of it's skin and the amethyst ring told Eliana that it was a woman. 

There was no sound, almost like the person was calculating whether she should reveal herself to Eliana or not. 

The hand retracted and then there was no one left in the abandoned cell. Eliana was left with her blood and thoughts...thoughts of love, fear...and betrayal.

~

When Gabris entered his apartment with water dripping down his clothes and onto the wooden floor, he didn't expect the apartment to be so dark. Good thing they're not home, he thought. 

He pressed a bloodied hand on his battered shoulder and trudged across the floor. He'd walked this distance a million times, he knew the route from the apartment door to his room by heart.

The windows fluttered and clapped open and close, the storm was roaring outside. Gabris' shoulder stung, the torn flesh opened a little more with every movement. He debated whether he should close the window in the kitchen or have the house be flooded by the rain. 

He groaned softly and limped towards the kitchen floor. Just when he was about to round the kitchen counter, he tripped on something and thrashed on the floor. 

"Son of a-"

The lightning stuck and in the moments of light which flashed through the window, Gabris saw the a dead face of a man he'd never seen before lying on his kitchen floor.

~

The thunder bellowed and the wind howled over the roofs of The Chaconas Residency. A grey figure loomed behind the chimney, crouched against it's warm metal wall. It's brown eyes calculated every opening and exit from the house. 

The cloaked figure waited as every family shut their doors and windows, too afraid of a lousy storm. It's fingers scraped against stoned roof, waiting, calculating.

It's eyes never leaving the only large window which ran from the floor to ceiling. Their sat a very grim looking man, a scar running down the side of his face. The figure shuffled slowly, as if it knew what it was dealing with. A playful smirk loomed on it's lips which vanished as it had appeared when another man walked in to the window. 

The yellow light coming from that room fell on the floor, making it impossible for the cloaked person to enter the room without being seen. 

The man was huge, almost monster looking. His eyes bore a strange shade of red, the figure watched him intently from the roof opposite. 

The two men exchanged a conversation and the huge muscular man banged the table at which one of them was seated. The window shivered at the impact.

Agnes, it thought, blood boiled in the cloaked figure's veins at the thought of his name.

Show time, it thought.

~

"We're trying, Alpha Agnes...at least it's clear that he doesn't have Vera with him." Melanthios said. His feet trembled but he slipped out of his chair. Agnes towered in front of him, his back against the library. 

"Get him...get my vessel," Agnes growled quietly, his blood curdled eyes screamed at melanthios to run away and hide in a small alcove. 

"We can't find him after what happened this morning-"

Agnes bellowed and grabbed Melanthios by his neck, this is how I die, Melanthios thought and didn't struggle. 

The sound of the door banging open startled Agnes. He released Melanthios who coughed violently, taking gulps of air. 

"Who the hell are you?" Agnes seethed. 

Melanthios struggled to turn around, when he did his eyes went wide. 

A cloaked figure stood in front of the open door. It's face darkened by the cloth hiding it. A calloused hand grabbed it's hood and pulled it back. 

An evil smile tugged at their lips. 

"Surprise," said Dakota Bane. 

~