CHAPTER 41

We had settled in an enclosed body of water and decided to make this our day off. I had tried to teach Aang how to make a small fire which wasn't easy since he was so against it. I had made the others leave us alone and he eventually got it, not wanting to go any further and finished by diving into the water. Honestly neither of us wanted to go any bigger so we left it at that.

"Aang, I know swimming is fun and all but do you really think you should be exposing yourself like that?" Toph asked. "Cover up."

"What?" Aang asked "I'm wearing trunks."

"I know it's your tattoos I'm worried about." Toph replied. "What if someone sees you?"

"There are walls all around us." Katara said. "It's completely safe."

"Yeah Toph." I waved at her but she couldn't really see. I was just glad to be resting and for once not be worried about anything. "Let the kid relax. Actually let me relax firebending really is hard work."

"It's weird seeing Toph, concerned." Sokka said, Toph catapulted him into the water. "Never mind."

We spent the day swimming and stuff and in the night we slept peacefully but that peacefully only last around a few hours before Toph woke us up.

"Guys." She spoke. "You're all gonna think I'm crazy but it feels like a metal man is coming."

We looked at the glare shining on Aang. The man stood on top of the wall and fired something at us causing a giant explosion. We all tried using our element but he just blew everything up. He continued to shoot so we took cover.

"This is crazy! How can we beat a guy who blows things up with his mind?!" Sokka asked yelling.

"We can't!" Aang said. "Jump on Appa, I'll try to distract him."

We did what Aang told us and we flew watching him fight this metal guy but it was impossible so we went and saved Aang.

"Well, that was random." Toph said.

"I doubt it." I crossed my arms and laid back on Sokka. "He's an assassin of the Fire Nation, people hire him to do this kind of stuff. I think he knows exactly who we are."

Aang took us to Roku's home island that was empty at least it's what we thought until Toph told us the village was buried in ash. Aang told us that Roku had told him to look at his past to understand how the war started and how he could end it, so he went into his Avatar state while we watched over him.
   When Aang came back he told us how Sozin and Roku were best friends but Sozin ended up killing Roku even after the Avatar let him live even though he gave him a warning.
Aang told us that the point of what Roku showed him that anyone was capable of great good and great evil. Everyone deserved to be treated like they're worth giving a chance and he also thought it was about friendships.

"Do you really think friendships can last more than one life time?" Toph had asked her head low but Aang held her hand.

"I don't see why not." He told her and I held Toph's other hand along with Katara's.

Sokka rubbed his chin and spoke with his stupid logic. "Well, scientifically speaking there's no way to prove-"

"Oh Sokka, just hold hands." Katara told him. He paused but grabbed her hand.

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

Katara, Toph, and I stared at each other. Katara had her tenticals of water ready, and Toph and I were ready to use our own elements for battle.