CHAPTER 26

That night we had dinner and talked. It was nice to have a real meal for once and inside of a nice home where we didn't always have to constantly be on our toes waiting for someone to attack us.
   We actually ate in peace.

   "So." I said and they all looked at me as I piled all the empty dishes.
   "I assume this means no firebending learning." I looked at Aang who looked away. "Aang, I just think you should learn to do it soon, with the information we have I think it'll be a dire need."

   "I don't think I need it!" He smiled childishly. "I mean I am so good at all the other elements, we got this far without it."

   I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're the Avatar, aren't you supposed to master all four elements?" He chuckled nervously.
   "All right." I shrugged and they looked at me as I got up and walked outside.

   "That's it?" Sokka asked following me. "You really don't think, Aang needs to learn firebending?"

   "No, Aang, needs to learn firebending but I have a great way to teach him." I smiled.

   "Ooo what is it?" He rubbed his hands together.

   "Aang's an Air Nomad so that means if I suggest that he and I should meditate together he might go for it." I explained. "If he doesn't, I'll get Katara to join and she can get him to do it. Then I'll teach him and he'll learn."

   "Sly. I like it." He said and peppered my face in kisses.

   "Hopefully he won't stop when he finds out." I said and sighed.

   "True." He replied and we sat down.

   We stayed out looking at the stars his arm wrap around my waist.

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

   That morning we woke up to the birds chirping and all but there was nothing to do so I was on my stomach reading one of the other books I stole from the library.

   "I've got it!" Katara exclaimed as she ran in with the mail. "I know how were gonna see the Earth King!"

   "How are we supposed to do that?" Toph asked then faked a cheer-y smile mimicking Joo Dee. "One doesn't just pop in on the Earth King!"

   "The King is having a party tonight for his pet bear." Katara read.

   "You mean platypus bear?" Aang asked from his spot on the banister.

   "No..it just says bear." Katara answered.

   "Certainly you mean his pet Skunk bear!" Sokka added he had his legs on the wall while he laid his head on his arms.

   "Or his armadillo bear." Toph also added.

   "Gopher bear?" I asked closing my book and sitting down next to Toph.

   "Just....bear." Katara shrugged.

   "This place is weird." Toph said.

   "The palace will be packed! We can sneak in with the crowd." Katara explained.

   "Won't work." Toph told her and sat back.