Exiting out of the bookstore, you led Law through the main plaza until you reached your final destination; a store that catered to herbalists.

Your collection of rare herbs was low, so you decided that it was time to restock on ingredients.

You meticulously browse the shelves that were housing all sorts of commodities; shrubs, powders, plants, and spices.

Law followed your gaze every time your attention switched to another item. But he got bored eventually, so he let his eyes scan the rest of his environment.

It was a warm, quaint little store, and it was being managed by a polite, old lady. The scent was comforting, too, a combination of lush nature and fresh sawdust.

He lets go of your hand to wander around the store on his own. As he runs a finger along the edge of a wooden table that was displaying medicinal spices, he spots a child standing alone at the end of the table, whose physique was on the skinnier side.

Law wonders if he was malnourished.

For some reason, a part of the kid's blonde hair was covering the left side of his face, but what really caught Law's attention was his spiraling eyebrow.

The stranger had a notepad in his hand, writing something down. If he stepped a bit closer, maybe he could read it-

"Little one?"

Law quickly looks up to find your eyes, filled with nothing but warmth and gentleness. The snow leopard shakes his head to ease any worries you had, and moved to grab ahold of your unoccupied hand.

You smiled at Law's affection. You were so happy that Law is comfortable enough to initiate contact with you.

You become aware of the other child Law was observing earlier. No one was accompanying the boy, but parents tend to send their children alone to do chores for them in these parts, so you put no further thought into it.

However, you were still highly against the practice.

His aura is scarily similar to Law's when I found him in that alleyway. If it is as I fear...

"Hello. Are you researching the spices?" Your sudden greeting causes the blonde boy to jump, and he turns to look at you with wide eyes

"Oh, um, hello." He stutters our with his eyes locked on his notepad, "ah-and yes, I was studying the spices."

You see the writing on his notepad, and managed to catch a glimpse of the front cover which was titled "Sanji's Cookbook".

So the boy's name is Sanji. Somehow, it suits him.

You assume he was jotting down notes and ideas that utilizes these spices.

"Excuse me for prying, but what will you use these spices for?"

Sanji brightens up at your question, seemingly excited to share his thoughts with you.

The boy rambled on about the spices for ten minutes straight, and soon, the conversation transitioned to the topic of medicinal food.

He's so passionate about cooking that it's really endearing...

You intently listened to the boy discussing what ingredients should be added into a certain type of curry, when you felt a tug on your hand.

You look down to a drowsy Law.

"Sorry little one, you must be tired now, right?" Law sluggishly nods at your question. "After I pay, we'll go straight home."

Sanji becomes crestfallen upon hearing your words.

"What about you?" You look at the blonde with gradual concern, "shouldn't you be getting home by now? It's already dark outside."

The sun has long hidden itself below the horizon. You worry that these roads may be too dark for the boy to find his way home, for evil lurks in every corner when there's only shadows.

Sanji looks out the window and into the dark sky. Fear begins to swim in his eyes, but you had a feeling that it wasn't the night that he was scared of.

And so you blurt out the only thing that was racing in your mind.

"Would you like to come home with us? You can stay over for the night and when morning comes, I can take you back home myself."

Law's eyes are half-opened, but his ears stood up abruptly. The blonde boy stares at you with a bewildered expression, then it slowly transitions to one of contemplation.

He stretches a hand towards you till he makes contact with your coat. He clutches onto it tightly before he tilts his head up. He opens his mouth and says-

"Can I bring my siblings, too?"