7: hurricane harry

Start from the beginning

A knock at the door made me jump. My mind instantly went to Harry, yet I'm sure he wouldn't come and get me like he usually does.

I open the door and see Robbie and...

"Sal!" I attack the man in a hug. He gave a deep chuckle and easily picked me off the ground. I haven't seen him since the end of the last tour. He was my other bodyguard besides Robbie and Charlie, who was on vacation with his family. Sal had been taking care of his new baby, but now, apparently, he's back.

"I've missed you, Wild Child," Sal said.

"How's Abby?" I ask, referring to his baby.

A smile appeared on his face. "She's great. Good sleeper, my wife and I love it."

"Ready to head down?" Robbie asks. I go back in my room and grab my bags, putting away some of my stuff in the process, then followed the big guys downstairs.

All of us packed our stuff in two of our SUVs. Some paparazzi were outside and they took a few pictures. They were very kind and I took some selfies with a few who asked.

And Harry...he has avoided me since I walked into the lobby and he gave me one look then continued to grump on the couch. I didn't say a word to him and decided that I'd just let things play out. There's really nothing I could do.

What did make me feel better was that he sat next to me in the car like he always has. But the pressure of his knee on mine and his arm pressed against my arm sent warmth through my body. He kept his gaze out the window all the way to the airport.

As we drove, I felt really bad that I wasn't able to interact more with the fans in the short time I was here. But I knew for sure we were going here for tour and I'd definitely make it up.

We got to the airport and did the normal check ins before loading into the jet. I knew this flight was going to be long, which was good because I could catch up on some well needed sleep.

The beginning and end of a flight were my favorite parts. I just loved the exhilaration of it.

"Jess, could you come here for a sec?" Jane asked once we were fully in the air. I got up from my seat and walked over to her's.

"Yeah?"

She motioned for me to sit next to her and I did, propping my legs up on the seat in front. I watched as she read my face, and I began to think about what she wanted to talk about.

"So, Emily Greene, your vocal coach, is flying to Sydney and meeting us there. You already know about the radio interview with 2Day FM. You'll be doing a photoshoot with Vogue as well. Good news is that we have a whole day of nothing before our flight back to New York," she informs. She drags on the end and plays with her watch a little. She scans the room before asking something else.

"So, what's up with you and Harry?"

Someone had to ask. It was obvious we were acting different.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

She arched an eyebrow and gave me a look. Yeah, you shouldn't even try to get any lie past Jane the Mighty. It won't ever work.

"I don't want to talk about it right now," I say and look at where Harry was, laying on the couch towards the front of the jet. He wasn't sleeping, but it looked like he was about to.

Though we were always with each other, I missed him. I missed talking with him and joking around with him and seeing his smile.

"Whatever it is, you guys need to work it out. And try to sleep, okay?" Jane patted my shoulder and went back to her business on her phone.