Chapter X - Self Destruct

As the king gazed at the necklace he asked "So you're a mage now?" as he turned his head away and walked up to his throne.

Andrey stopped just before the steps which lead to the throne. "I'm not exactly sure. I do have the energy within me, or so Dea'n'ha told me. I can feel it, though." he answered as he stared at his hands which as if emit power.

"And that necklace?" The king asked as he crossed his leg and looked arrogantly at Andrey. His head held high.

Could it be that the king feared mages? Andrey couldn't help but let this thought run through his head.

"It's..." he took a few moments to think over his words closely before replying and continued "to help me control my power." Well, it wasn't a lie. It wasn't the real reason it was there, but it did indeed help him with his anger issues.

"I see. Does this mean you have grown THAT much in strength?" the king asked extending his head forward in surprise.

"I can't really say. I know I'm better than when I first came here."

"Don't be so stiff, come on." the king said. The truth was that the king really looked strong and arrogant. He appeared to be such, but he wasn't really. He was just different.

Behind the throne, a man came out and lowered his head towards the king. It was the royal servant. Almost as if he was hiding all of this time there. The king whispered something in his ear and said "Andrey, I'll ask of you to wait a while until my servant returns. He's getting something you would need."

Andrey nodded after which the king asked the bird's name.
"Dea." and then came laughter following the reply. The king facepalmed as he didn't really expect something so basic.

"You sure found an original name for it." the king joked.

Honestly, it was kind of depressing to be in his company, especially alone, as somehow even the air was heavy.

"Yeah... thanks. Everyone keeps telling me that." the boy replied with a bored facial expression.

"It's here, my king." the servant appeared through the gate carrying a book and a feather.

It was apparently full of notes sticking out of it.

The king opened it and browsed through it. Then he stood up from the throne and gave it to Andrey.

Browsing through it, the book had many drawings centimeters and different design patterns.

"Use this book to pick something for yourself or just write in your own." the king said.

"But I've never done anything like this in my life? Does everybody.." as he continued complaining Dea'n'ha 's voice sounded in his head "Wait. Let me try something."

He felt the urgent need to put his hand over a blank page. The bird's eyes started glowing and spiritual energy started coming out from Andrey's hand.

"I took the sizes from the mage which conjured your robes. Now I want you to imagine the best version of you so you can project that into the book's page." the calming voice of the sorceress rang straight inside his head.

Andrey thought about it for a second and closed his eyes. Suddenly to the king's amaze under Andrey's arm the blue light started to draw a professional design for clothes unseen by anyone.

"So you are a mage now, that's for sure." the king said and took the book in his arms to see what happened after the magic was over.

There was a perfect drawing of the clothes he imagined. It was supposed to be custom clothes, but it looked more like what the king defined as animal hunter clothes. Although, it still looked nothing like it.