"Mom, even you?" Afrah laughed seeing her mom shrug innocently then grinned but didn't say anything so they know she will say she did it when she was young like them.

"Never have I ever bunked classes." Amir was the next person and everyone took a sip except Hajiya Khadija who narrowed her eyes at her kids in silent scold.

"So that is what you guys do when we send you to school huh? You bunked classes huh? Your father will hear this and see where his money is going." She exaggerated before asking them to continue while they only keep asking for forgiveness that she should not tell their father and Amani laughed.

"Even you." Hajiya Khadija pointed an accusing finger at Amani and she was quick to sober up and muster her best puppy dog eyes.

"Belle-Meré, you know I just sipped it because my husband did." She put the whole blame on Mika'il and he let his mouth hang agape at her open hypocrisy. He was about to comment but she gave him a seductive grin that has him recoiling.

"Never have I ever checked someone's private chat." Mika'il threw, giving a death glare at Amani who took her cup and sip it long then look at her mother in-law doing the same

"Why are you sipping it, belle meré?" Amani asked with a laugh rumbling from her throat at the thought of her mother in-law peeking into someone else's chats, hilarious.

"I did that when I was in love with your father." She shrugged and continue to sip the coffee then kept it aside listening to her children laugh at her words. She's always been open minded and likes talking just so she could hear them laugh.

"You mean you are not in love now?" Amir raised a mocking funny bushy brow at his mother who shrugged her lean shoulders again.

The woman will pass as a thirty something year old. She has petite frame and beautiful features.

"You could say that." She tighten her lips wanting to look all cute in a mocking way.

"Daddy! Daddy!! Daddy!!! You need to come down here now." Amani yelled in a bratty tone at her father in-law knowing he's come back and has followed through the back door so he won't disturb them, she has given him enough time to sleep, now he needs to come down and listen to her rants.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She heard his voice coming from the stairs with amusement lingering in his words.

"Belle-meré just said she is not in love anymore. I also couldn't believe it so I had to call you so she can say it in front of you. Maybe I was hearing things but you can differentiate." She grinned widely at Alhaji Malik Masari who sat himself next to his wife on the couch and gave her a look only they know what it means. He kissed her jaw gently then sat down with a stern look. As though he wasn't the one that looks awestruck seconds ago.

Alhaji Malik Masari is her father in-law but the best one out there. He's been her father's best friend since forever but she's never met his family till after her marriage was arranged some months later. He has been chilled and took her in like his own daughter or even closer than his daughters. She's the one that even brought them closer to each other, they were not as closer before she made appearance.

He is a man of few words and a great surgeon. He is very popular around the country as his work hardly fails with the help of Allah. Being a renowned doctor makes him busy and everyone needs to book before getting an appointment. That never stops him from giving time to his family though, he has always been there for them.

Amani is the one who brought the family closer when they thought their father isn't the funny type but he is. The first time she visit them as a new bride and they had dinner together when she cracked a joke with him and the children held their breath wanting to know what he will do since they've never tried that. He laughed and threw his comment making the children relax their tensed shoulders and from then, they started making joke around with him.