CHAPTER FIVE

K A T I E    P O V

Tonight is our dinner date, plus the last time I'll be with Ace until my sister's wedding. Standing in front of the mirror, staring at my strapless dress, shake my head, this is all wrong. 

Rub my face, step back to my closet to have a gander again. Perhaps I should just ring him to tell him I can't make it. Paced the lounge gaze at my mobile. Oh, I can't do it. 

Sort my hair out. Do I leave it up or down? Why am I so stressed out, it's just dinner, then saying goodbye? 

Take a deep breath so my lungs fill, which rendered me a little dizzy. Slip heels on, pick up my clutch bag, put my keys inside leave. 

Stepped out the door where the limo is waiting. Breathe, just breathe, I tell myself, but it's not working. 

Nervous, why the hell would I feel so goddamn nervous? The driver opens the door, sliding in the back to be greeted with a champagne flute, which Ace is offering me. 

Take the glass, stared at him in a suit, wow, he's some piece of hotness. The back of this limo completely got hot, sweltering, intense, hotness. 

He's stunning in his black suit, making him look sexier with sex appeal. 

His muscles are more noticeable with how the suit fitted him. His black hair slightly spiked up with a tidy mess appearance. 

Sip my drink, he turns his entire body to face me. "Katie, you're absolutely breath-taking. You're beautiful." He leans over, placing his soft warm lips on my cheek, which causes me to close my eyes.

"You look stunning." Hoping it didn't sound like I'm flirting. He sips his drink, not taking his eyes from me. 

All my thoughts of what we could do in the back of the limo take over my mind. My lips curl into a smile, which compels him to frown, giving a little laugh he laughs too.

Nervous, but why? 

I've had a few dates been out for dinner. Finishing my drink, he takes my glass, placing it down on the side where the decanter sits. 

Finished his drink, we reach our destination. The driver opens the door, slides out from the back, a bit confused about what is happening. 

standing on tarmac gazing at a jet plane, not sure what is occurring.

"This is our next ride." He gestures to the plane. Step back away from the car and him trying to catch my breath. 

Fear took over, yes fear of flying. Shake my head, he steps towards me, taking my hand. "Katie, breath we're only flying a short distance." My body starts to shake, I'm frozen to the spot. "I'll hold your hand the entire journey." Shaking my head, he steps closer to me, filling the gap between us. 

Takes my clutch bag, handing it to the driver to hold, takes both my hands. "Katie, please glance at me." His calm, sexy accent impels me to gaze into his eyes. "You have nothing to be frightened about. I promise you, you'll be safe." He lifts my chin, glides his thumb across my cheek, giving me a warm shiver down my spine. 

Grasps my hand, grabbed my clutch bag from the driver, we moved closer to the plane. My god, it is some jet.

I'm petrified to the point where I'll faint. Holding his hand tightly, we get closer until the steps are right in front of me. 

Shaking with fear, he stops kissing my cheek, guides me up the steps while my eyes are closed. Being this terrified, I'll pee my panties at this rate. 

Still not opening my eyes, he sits me down, buckling the belt. As he promised, he didn't let go of my hand, my eyes stayed closed. 

"The plane's engines will start, we will pull out to the taxi, proceed to the runway, then gain speed to take off." Really didn't want to hear that. Not able to smile with fear taking over my entire core.