𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Nov 23 🌧
                                   Atlanta, GA

6:00 pm

" Y'all alright back there ? " Ma turned around in the front seat.

Everyone nodded as they were getting closer to the funeral. India reached over to hold Kayden's hand as she seen he was out of it.

" I'm straight" He pulled away. " Mmh" She said as she looked away, she seen that he was still being distant.

As they arrived to the funeral, It was a bunch of family members standing outside talking amongst each other. " I'm sorry for your loss keith" a family member said to kaydens pops once he got out of the limo.

India and kaayla stood there as they waited for everyone to give their condolences. " Thank you " Kayden said softly as he was hugged by his aunt.

" Lets head inside" Ma said as everyone followed her into the church. " You coming ?" India said to kayden who was still standing outside.

" Yeah I'll be there in a few" He said.

India went inside and found a seat next to kaylaa and sha. Kaayla handed her a program which showed that the pastor was gonna say a few words and then after the choir would began singing.

" She was so beautiful" India mumbled as she look at the front of the program which showed Kayden's mom's face. India listened as the pastor began preaching on the mic.

Kaayla tapped india's arm as she directed her to turn around. She slowly looked over her shoulder seeing Kayden walk in with a brown skin girl with burgundy hair, they quickly came down the aisle and took a seat across from her.

" Whose that ? " Kaayla whispered. " I don't know" India shrugged. Kaayla nudged at sha's arm gently " Whose that ?" She asked.

" Probably his cousin from his mom's side" Sha said.

"Oh" Kaayla said. India tune them out as she peaked over to glance at them. Something in her guts was telling her that they weren't related.

•••

8:42 pm

As the funeral was coming to an end everyone walked towards to the front to view the open casket. India and kaayla held hands as they approached the casket. " You were a amazing mother and beautiful soul, i'm sorry this happened to you" Kaayla said lowly. " I'm thankful for all of the advice you gave me as a kid and all the times you were there for me as a mother figure. Thank you" India said as she reached in the casket felt her hand before walking away.

Kaayla rubbed india's hand as they began walking up the aisle. " Y'all get home safe now" Ma stood at the exit as she hugged a family member.

" Y'all staying for dinner or you girls going to the house ?" She turned to them. " We staying for dinner" Kaayla said.

" Just go down to the basement everything should be down there" Ma pointed. " Thanks Ma" They said before going in that direction.

While they were going down the stairs they heard loud chatter, seeing that the basement was crowded with people standing on line waiting to be served.

" I guess we finna starve " Kaayla laughed. Kaayla seen that india wasn't in a joking mood.

" Why the long face ?" Kaayla folded her arms. " I just have a feeling about that girl that kayden's with" She replied.

" It does look a little suspicious how he waited outside for her and he hasn't spoken once about her" Kaayla said. " I don't wanna think the worse right now let's just go find a table" India sighed.