Trinity didn't want to take his hand. She didn't want to touch another man's skin. Was it because David was dead? She extended her hand despite it. His closed around hers in a firm, sweaty grip. She quickly pulled away resisting the urge to wipe off the moisture against her skirt.

"My name's Trinity. Nice to meet you as well."

"Maybe I'll see you at lunch. The...,"

The elevator stopped again, this time on the tenth floor, and opened to Dante much to Trinity's surprise.

"Oh! Good morning, Mr. Venturi," Roger beamed.

"Good morning, Miss Fallon. Roger. What floor are you heading to?"

Dante's deep voice rumbled through her and filled the elevator. She murmured her hello, but was distracted. Dante called her Miss Fallon rather than Mrs. Fallon. Eugenia must have told him explaining the reason for her absence the week before, or it was a Freudian slip. If the latter were the case, it would be one strange coincidence. It was also somewhat strange she hadn't heard from Dante all last week. He had been so attentive to her and then nothing. He was probably busy, she mused.

"Fifteenth," Roger answered.

Dante hit the fifteenth button, then Private Forty-one even though she already pressed it.

"So, um, Trinity, the cafeteria is on the first floor. Maybe I'll see you at lunch."

She smiled polite and nodded, happy when the elevator doors closed after him. There was no way she was going to eat with Roger. It wasn't that he wasn't nice, because he seemed to be. It was just far too soon to be making male friends. Actually, she didn't want any male friends.

"How are you, Trinity?"

How could she forget Dante was in the small space with her?!

"Fine," she gulped.

"How was your weekend?"

Huh? He didn't know? So his address of her name was a mistake? Where did he think she was last week? What did Eugenia tell him? How weird. Maybe he was just being polite by avoiding the subject entirely. Should she tell him?

"A-actually, I n-n-need...," Trinity squeezed her eyes shut. She needed to stop stuttering, "to speak with you." Why was it so hard to talk? What was wrong with her?

"Of course."

Dante waved her on until they were both inside of his office and gestured for her to have a seat while he took his own. "What's up?"

"I'm not sure Eugenia told you, but my husband died last week. It's why I was out," she swallowed.

Dante steepled his fingers together, gently swiveling in his chair with a blank expression. So he did know. He was simply being polite in the elevator.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I was out of town all last week. My condolences."

Wow. She misread his expression just then. He really didn't know. It was because he had been out of town. That explained it. Even so, he sure looked like he knew. Although, she didn't know Dante. Not really. Sure she spent the evening with him once, but that was dinner with other people. Oh, then there was the time she spent telling him about David, with a few times after that. But, still, it hadn't been nearly enough time to learn a person's mannerisms. Right?

"I-I'm not sad."

"Of course not. I imagine you feel relieved."

Trinity looked down at her hands. "Mr. Venturi...,"