"And you said you cared about my image." He stared blankly.

"Well, good to know your priorities are just about as straight as you." I joked.

He went to put a hand on my shoulder, but stopped, "I'll be more cuddly when we get home if I can't touch you."

"I'm going to find something so we can leave sooner, bye." I waved dismissively.

He grabbed my arm with a crushing force, "Don't even think about it," his eyes seemed to be 10 times darker, "umm," he coughed, "I mean, w-why don't I go with you? No one will bother you if I'm here."

I looked at him in horror, "O-ok," I said quietly, "Can you please let go of my arm? You're hurting me." I winced slightly.

This entire time I hadn't even thought about leaving or getting help. What's wrong with me? Is it because I know it won't matter in the end? I don't know. Why does Mika think I'm going to do things that hadn't even crossed my mind?

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to grab you like that, I know you're still recovering. Speaking of, how are you feeling today?" He asked.

"It doesn't really hurt that much." I said, looking down at my arm, a bruise was forming.

Looks like I'll be getting the cold shoulder for a bit.

"Good, good. Now, what type of thing did you have in mind?" He asked.

"Umm, I-I don't know. Maybe we should just... go home." I said, I could feel my heat pumping so fast. I hadn't reacted with fear in a while.

"No. Let's not go home just yet. Why don't we look at some suits? If you're so worried about my image, then why not make you look like the god that you are?" He suggested.

"It would be a waste. I don't go anywhere that would require- no, scratch that. I just flat out don't go anywhere." I sighed, starting to relax a bit more.
...
(Mika)

I'm lashing out again. I'll never keep him satisfied like this. He wasn't going to leave. But he might've. He'll never leave me, and I'll make sure of that. God damnit, Mikaela, stop it. You're scaring him. Look at him, he's horrified. His arm is going to bruise, I know that much. Stop overthinking.

"Well, that's true, but I was thinking I could get you more involved in the social things that I do. Like charity events." I said, I wanted to spend more time with him, but I did honestly miss the charity events.

"You actually donate?" I asked.

"I may be successful now, but I've been trough hell and back and my childhood wasn't exactly... happy. Not that I need to tell you that, you were there for most of it." I glanced to the side.

"You always seemed happy to me," He said, "Sure, our lives are pretty fucked up, but you always seemed happy."

"I was always happy with you. You always made me so happy in ways no one else could, you were a little brat and I loved you for it. Now you're a big brat and I still love you for it." I chuckled a bit.

"No, no, no," he wagged a finger, "I may have been the brat back then, but you're the brat now. You're way worse than I ever was."

"Yeah," I smiled, "you're perfect in every meaning of the word, I wish I could be even half the person you are, but I'm nothing like you."

"We may have started out the same, but the rest of our lives were very different. Even right now, we're experiencing the same situation, but it's very different on my end compared to yours," he grabbed at his sides, "I don't like my end of things, I should probably be dead by now. But the universe just wants me to keep pushing."