"Thank you, ma'am," He replies, and when our eyes meet, he tilts his head and gestures to me to enter before him. I hung my head low, and smiled thinly from his gentleness as I sauntered bypassed the door.

"So, BoBoiBoy, have you and my daughter been friends?" Mom queries, leisurely closing the door and approaches us, "Really, because I've never known about that, nor did Y/n ever mention to me about you."

"Yes, we are friends," BoBoiBoy replied, smiling. His response caught me off guard, and I interrupted the ongoing conversation.

"Ah, mom, we actually came here to fetch my brother," I reminded, "I really need to take him to his training or he's going to be late and-"

"Calm down, Y/n. It's still early!" My mom assures, shrugging her hand. Her expression alters into a realization that seemingly brought up on her mind, eyes brightening as she clapped her hands, "Besides, why don't you both have lunch here in the meantime?"

"But, mom-"

"Hehe! Hold on, the food is nearly cooked and I'll prepare the table now!" She stated as I agape, prompt to rush her way towards the kitchen before I could utter a word, replacing it with a sigh.

"Your mom is such a great person, Y/n," BoBoiBoy said, and I glanced at him, drawing my attention from his notions, "But it'll be okay even if she doesn't invite me for lunch. No worries to bother too much for me cause I'm just a visitor, hehe."

"Uhm, thanks. It's fine, BoBoiBoy. I mean, she's already there so.." I trailed off, expecting him to know that I am intending that he and I have no other choice than to stay for a while.

"Yep, hehe," He asked, "Is it only you and her around?"

"Dad's at work, and my brother is upstairs," I replied, and he agapes, nodding.

"Ah, okay."

Rolling my lips inwards, I extended my arms on the couch, gesturing to him on the furniture, "Here, you can take a seat while waiting for lunch to be prepared."

BoBoiBoy saunters bypassed me and abruptly hindered his steps, slipping a glance to me in incredulence, "And what about you, Y/n?"

"I'll be assisting my mom, stay here," I replied, going to the kitchen as I discerned her settling down the platters on the table. Drawing her attention in my presence, she smiles. I checked the cooking vessels, fuming in a pleasant sense of aroma.

Impulsively, I reached out to grab the available platter on the table, barely slipping a glance as I felt the emptiness of my stomach that made me want to devour it thoroughly.

A warm hand met in contact with mine, and my eyes widened back to my senses, prompting me to abruptly glance.

"Oh, BoBoiBoy, you can just have a seat and wait for us!" My mom genuinely insisted, quite bothered to see him wanting to help out. Soon, she approaches me with the cooking vessel in order to turn off the fire.

"Erk, it's alright, ma'am! Hehe, I'd really like to help around here," BoBoiBoy replied, gently taking the plate off my hand as he leaves me at a loss of words, gazing at his actions.

"W-What are you doing?" I mumbled, stuttering.

"I mean, it'll be fine if you let me handle it," He stated, smiling, before he moved and took a look at the cupboards, "Is this where your spoons and forks are placed?"

"Uh, yeah but hey! It's fine and you don't really need to-" I trailed off, and attempted to grab the plate from his hand; however he had impulsively lifted it, causing me to nearly bump into him in a skip of my heartbeat.