21

"Y/n?" Sam asked gently. You had been dissociating a lot due to the stress of Colby's unknown condition.

"Hey.. Sorry.." You replied sadly to Sam. Sam put a gentle hand on your shoulder and smiled supportively.

"It's okay and hey, Colby is out of the operating theatre and is stable." He informed softly. You instantly jumped up and hugged Sam out of relief. He smiled and hugged you back gently. "The nurse said we can go see him, do you want to?" He asked softly, using as carful tone at all times. You softly nodded, not making eye contact as you gently pulled away from the hug. For some reason, guilt filled your body whenever you look someone in the eye so you just decided to avoid it.

Placing his hand on the top half of your back supportively, he lead you to Colby's hospital room. Reaching the room, you paused the the door. You felt like you were frozen in fear and dread as you looked at the handle. "Hey, it's okay. Take as much time as you need." He cooed. You wish Sam was your brother or that your actual brothers were actually like him but unfortunately, they were. You were just glad you had Sam as a brotherly figure.

Taking a deep breath, your shaky hand finally makes contact with the door handle. Slowly, you open the door and start to walk inside. You freeze again as you see Colby. He is almost motionless, his chest steadily rising and falling as he took breaths with the help of a ventilator. Your legs buckle as the sight of your soulmate in such a vulnerable state is too much for you to bare. Sam just manages to catch you before you completely hit the floor. "Hey, hey. It's okay. He's gonna be okay." He cooed, helping you stand before he gave you a supportive hug."We can go home if it is too much." He cooed gently but you shake your head.

"I couldn't bare it if he.. Took a turn for the worse and I wasn't here.." You sniffled gently. Sam nodded understandingly and then helped you over to the chair by Colby's hospital bed.

"You stay here, alright? I'm going to call the house and give them an update, okay?" He asked gently and you nodded in response. A supportive smile showed on his face before he walked out the room gently, taking out his phone.

"I'm sorry.." You whisper as you grabbed Colby's hand.

(It's so hard to write cause I keep dissociating ;3;)

Word count: 425